14.107.5

    Message 1 of 24 , Mar 9, 2013
      QRV

      cq de va7dgp.

    • truckerdon1949
      Message 2 of 24 , Mar 9, 2013
        I posted a screen shot of the signal that my system picked up. I'm wondering if there's a Winlink Station on this freq?

        Don VA7DGP

        --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, Don Poaps <va7dgp@...> wrote:

        > QRV
        >
        > cq de va7dgp.
        >

        > --
        > Don Poaps
        > New Westminster, BC
        > VA7DGP
        > Satern Member
        > Vector Member
        > Surrey Amateur Radio
        > Metrotown Salvation Army Community Church Member

      • dave_frazier2000
        Message 3 of 24 , Mar 9, 2013
          14.1075 and 14.1065 are popular pactor frequencies.  14.1065 is the more used in this country and 14.1075 the more popular in Europe.  Anyone for sharing?

          Dave in Minnesota

          Message 4 of 24 , Mar 9, 2013
            I'm parked on 14.106.5 now

            Don va7dgp

            On Saturday, March 9, 2013, wrote:

            14.1075 and 14.1065 are popular pactor frequencies.  14.1065 is the more used in this country and 14.1075 the more popular in Europe.  Anyone for sharing?

            Dave in Minnesota

            I posted a screen shot of the signal that my system picked up. I'm wondering if there's a Winlink Station on this freq?

            Don VA7DGP

            --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, Don Poaps <va7dgp@...> wrote:

            > QRV
            >
            > cq de va7dgp.
            >

            > --
            > Don Poaps
            > New Westminster, BC
            > VA7DGP
            > Satern Member
            > Vector Member
            > Surrey Amateur Radio
            > Metrotown Salvation Army Community Church Member

          • Rick Westerfield
            Message 5 of 24 , Mar 9, 2013

              We are connecting but it is a noisy watering hole for V4 Chat.  I will keep trying though with a few more CQs and connects with you.

              Rick KH2DF

              Message 6 of 24 , Mar 9, 2013

                Can you tell us about your rig, what soundcard interface you have ant the antenna?

                Rick KH2DF

                Message 7 of 24 , Mar 9, 2013

                  Your radio makes the initial connection and then does not like to make any push-to-talk moves after that.  Your constellation scores here are plenty high enough to move data – you are in the 50-65 range mostly here in NW Louisiana

                  Rick KH2DF

                  Message 8 of 24 , Mar 9, 2013
                    I see the connected. I've never used this program before so my White cane is out feeling my way around the program.

                    Don
                    VA7DGP

                    --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Westerfield" <r_lwesterfield@...> wrote:

                    > We are connecting but it is a noisy watering hole for V4 Chat. I will keep
                    > trying though with a few more CQs and connects with you.
                    >

                    > Rick KH2DF

                  • Pete Ferrand
                    Message 9 of 24 , Mar 9, 2013
                      Hey Rick I'm hearing you, not super loud, in Wisconsin nr Chicago.

                      -Pete
                      WB2QLL
                      Somers, WI

                      Message 10 of 24 , Mar 9, 2013
                        Rig Kenwood TS 850 s
                        Signalink Souncard
                        130 ft Center horizontal dipole
                        Power max. My same setting as I use for RMS express

                        Don

                        On Saturday, March 9, 2013, Rick Westerfield wrote:

                        Can you tell us about your rig, what soundcard interface you have ant the antenna?

                        Rick KH2DF

                        14.1075 and 14.1065 are popular pactor frequencies.  14.1065 is the more used in this country and 14.1075 the more popular in Europe.  Anyone for sharing?

                        Dave in Minnesota

                        I posted a screen shot of the signal that my system picked up. I'm wondering if there's a Winlink Station on this freq?

                        Don VA7DGP

                        --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, Don Poaps <va7dgp@...> wrote:

                        > QRV
                        >
                        > cq de va7dgp.
                        >

                        > --
                        > Don Poaps
                        > New Westminster, BC
                        > VA7DGP
                        > Satern Member
                        > Vector Member
                        > Surrey Amateur Radio
                        > Metrotown Salvation Army Community Church Member

                      • POB
                        Message 11 of 24 , Mar 12, 2013
                          I am up on the above frequency 14.107.5 att for a while calling CQ.
                          POB/K8LEN
                          Message 12 of 24 , Mar 12, 2013
                            Calling cq from BC. I don't think I'll reach as band not quite open here

                            Don VA7DGP

                            On Tuesday, March 12, 2013, POB wrote:

                            I am up on the above frequency 14.107.5 att for a while calling CQ.
                            POB/K8LEN

                          • ric5
                            Message 13 of 24 , Mar 12, 2013

                              I’m new to the group, I’m running a Flex 1500 and FL110 amp . I run Fldigi 3.21.66 with no problems.(all modes)  Also Flamp , however I cannot get V4 chat Sound Card TNC 1.0.20 to Xmit it receives fine.  I tried the CQ function I see the software running CQ but it does not key the Flex ?  I’m using VAC to sound card.  Anyone got any setup screen shots please.

                              Rick Kd4jrx FM14ab

                            • tharringtonricky
                              Message 14 of 24 , Mar 12, 2013
                                Message 15 of 24 , Mar 12, 2013

                                  Did you look at the V4 Chat help on the Flex radios?  There have been tests using this setup that work.  On V4 Chat Click: Files,  Help Index, Flex SDR Radios.  Follow the setup which is based on using VAC.  Be sure to check your latency times...very important for ARQ operation.

                                  Rick KN6KB

                                  Message 16 of 24 , Mar 12, 2013

                                    Thanks I’m going to eat lunch and walk away from it for a  while. I had no problems setting up VAC Xmit to my Flex but this has worked me over for while 2 hours. I may try on the old FT-102 which has my Rigblaster box for a interface.   That’s my RTTY setup it runs a cool 100 + watts all day long !

                                    See If I can get to xmit via the cable , I sure I can . Maybe I can speak with some that has set the Flex and find out where my problem is.

                                    Thank you for your help Rick

                                    Rick Kd4jrx 73

                                    Did you look at the V4 Chat help on the Flex radios?  There have been tests using this setup that work.  On V4 Chat Click: Files,  Help Index, Flex SDR Radios.  Follow the setup which is based on using VAC.  Be sure to check your latency times...very important for ARQ operation.

                                    Rick KN6KB

                                    I’m new to the group, I’m running a Flex 1500 and FL110 amp . I run Fldigi 3.21.66 with no problems.(all modes)  Also Flamp , however I cannot get V4 chat Sound Card TNC 1.0.20 to Xmit it receives fine.  I tried the CQ function I see the software running CQ but it does not key the Flex ?  I’m using VAC to sound card.  Anyone got any setup screen shots please.

                                    Rick Kd4jrx FM14ab

                                  • Kirk
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Mar 12, 2013

                                      Ric,

                                      I run my Flex1500, 3000 and 5000 using V4 with no problem.  Sounds to me like you may be having problems with Com ports.  Are you using virtual com ports?  I’d be happy to walk you through setting up your Flex.  Probably the easiest way to do this is to give me your telephone number and I’ll give you a call.

                                      73,

                                      Kirk, K6KAR

                                      Niceville, FL

                                      Message 18 of 24 , Mar 12, 2013

                                        Kirk yes I’m  running  a Flex 1500 using  VAC sound card control, and also  Rig control with  FLdigi  3.21.66 with NO problems at all.

                                        You got screen shots ? Or you want me to call you via land line?

                                        Rick Kd4jrx

                                        Message 19 of 24 , Mar 12, 2013

                                          Ric,

                                          I don’t have any screen shots although I can make one for you.  However, I think you may need to use a program that creates a virtual com port versus FLDIGI as your rig control.  There are two that come to mind and either one is good.  The first is Com0Com and is available via the Flex Radio knowledge base http://kc.flexradio.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50062.aspx  and the other VSPmgr (which is the one I use). It’s available from Steve Nance, K5FR who has written the very fine program DDUTIL.  http://k5fr.com/ddutilwiki/index.php?title=Main_Page   In order to get VSPmgr you will have to make an email request Steve. Steve will be very quick to respond to your email.  If you need further assistance, please email me your phone number directly and I’ll give you a call.  My email is listed in QRZ.com.

                                          73,

                                          Kirk, K6KAR

                                          Niceville, FL

                                          Message 20 of 24 , Mar 12, 2013

                                            Kirk,

                                            Take a look at theses screen shots anything stands out?

                                            Thanks Rick Kd4jrx

[...]

                                          • wa6owm
                                            Message 21 of 24 , Mar 12, 2013
                                              De WA6OWM
                                              Rick,
                                              I believe the Flex-1500 will only support 48000, (Flex-3000=96000/Flex-5000=192000).
                                              WA6OWM

                                              Message 22 of 24 , Mar 12, 2013

                                                It did not change anything??

                                                Rick Kd4jrx

                                                Message 23 of 24 , Mar 12, 2013

                                                  Not sure what you mean “It did not change anything??
                                                  Did you follow the instruction in this Knowledgebase application note?
                                                  Good luck
                                                  WA6OWM

                                                  Message 24 of 24 , Mar 12, 2013

                                                    I’m good to go got up and running xmit and recv both, Just need to read the docs some more and a little air time. Thank you for yur help. See screen shots.

                                                    Rick Kd4jrx FM14ab

                                                    AAR4UK Mars