RE: [V4Protocol] Re: 14.073

  • Rick Westerfield
    Message 1 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013

      And that is a dial frequency for me, 14.109 center?????

      Rick KH2DF

      Message 2 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
        I've just left V4chat. I'll be back about 21:00 UTC. Or 13:00 pacific. Southern Territory Satern Digital Net on.

        I'll be back as someone from California use to day.

        Don va7dgp

        On Saturday, March 9, 2013, Rick Westerfield wrote:

        And that is a dial frequency for me, 14.109 center?????

        Rick KH2DF

        I'm parked on 14.107.5 till about 11:30 Pacific or 21;30 UTC

        Give or take, from the Honey Do List

        73

        Don VA7DGP

        --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, Stan Gordon <thegordons07@...> wrote:

        > Sounds like a good idea to me. 14.105 to 14.110 was a start up area for Olivia a few years back but I have not heard many signals in that area.
        >
        > Stan,
        > K7JIZ
        >

        > To: V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
        > From: bozo1945@...
        > Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2013 14:30:32 +0000
        > Subject: [V4Protocol] 14.073
        >

        > It seems to me that the above frequency is shall we say polluted with many varities of digital modes and of course all stations pile in this small space leaving v4 in the same situation.
        >
        > I myself would suggest for all v4 activity to move up frequency on 20 meters into a quiet zone such as 14.107.5 to get away from the circus of digital modes.
        >
        > On 30 meters 10.143 in that area seems advisable, this would give our EUROPEAN friends a better chance to work the USA, since their frequency mode allocation is somewhat different.
        >
        > Just thoughts on this mess on 20 meters.
        >
        > 73
        >
        > POB/K8LEN

      • truckerdon1949
        Message 3 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013

          I move up to 14.109.

          Don va7dgp

          --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Westerfield" <r_lwesterfield@...> wrote:

          > And that is a dial frequency for me, 14.109 center?????
          >

          > Rick KH2DF

        • Rick Westerfield
          Message 4 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013

            14.109 dial or 14.109 center freq??

            Rick KH2DF

            > And that is a dial frequency for me, 14.109 center?????
            >

            > Rick KH2DF

          • mike.k0ter
            Message 5 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
              --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "POB" <bozo1945@...> wrote:

              > It seems to me that the above frequency is shall we say polluted with many varities of digital modes and of course all stations pile in this small space leaving v4 in the same situation.
              >
              > I myself would suggest for all v4 activity to move up frequency on 20 meters into a quiet zone such as 14.107.5 to get away from the circus of digital modes.

              14.107.5 is within the 14.1005-14.112 segment allocated by
              the FCC for automatically controlled stations and is used
              by WL2K stations. It might be better to choose a frequency
              above 14.112.

              73, Mike, K0TER
            • Ron Wenig
              Message 6 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
                Hi guys, I just got in and saw the emails.  I saw N4AY on 14105.515 dial and connected to him.  We connected but I didn't receive any data from him.  There seemed to be a couple of other stations close by.  I'm in Pennsylvania.

                Ron ny3j

                On 3/9/2013 5:56 PM, mike.k0ter wrote:

                --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "POB" <bozo1945@...> wrote:

                > It seems to me that the above frequency is shall we say polluted with many varities of digital modes and of course all stations pile in this small space leaving v4 in the same situation.
                >
                > I myself would suggest for all v4 activity to move up frequency on 20 meters into a quiet zone such as 14.107.5 to get away from the circus of digital modes.

                14.107.5 is within the 14.1005-14.112 segment allocated by
                the FCC for automatically controlled stations and is used
                by WL2K stations. It might be better to choose a frequency
                above 14.112.

                73, Mike, K0TER

              • Pete Ferrand
                Message 7 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
                  Hey Ron, you had a q5 signal here nr Chicago. Tried to call you but the connect request came through as connect request to CQ instead my or anyone's call.

                  -Pete
                  WB2QLL
                  Somers, WI

                  >Hi guys, I just got in and saw the emails. I saw N4AY on 14105.515 dial
                  >and connected to him. We connected but I didn't receive any data from
                  >him. There seemed to be a couple of other stations close by. I'm in
                  >Pennsylvania.
                  >
                  >Ron ny3j
                  >
                  >On 3/9/2013 5:56 PM, mike.k0ter wrote:
                  >>

                  >> --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
                  >> <mailto:V4Protocol%40yahoogroups.com>, "POB" <bozo1945@...> wrote:
                  >> >
                  >> > It seems to me that the above frequency is shall we say polluted
                  >> with many varities of digital modes and of course all stations pile in
                  >> this small space leaving v4 in the same situation.
                  >> >
                  >> > I myself would suggest for all v4 activity to move up frequency on
                  >> 20 meters into a quiet zone such as 14.107.5 to get away from the
                  >> circus of digital modes.
                  >>
                  >> 14.107.5 is within the 14.1005-14.112 segment allocated by
                  >> the FCC for automatically controlled stations and is used
                  >> by WL2K stations. It might be better to choose a frequency
                  >> above 14.112.
                  >>
                  >> 73, Mike, K0TER

                • Ron Wenig
                  Message 8 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
                    I may have clicked the wrong thing.  I'll try connecting to you.

                    Ron ny3j

                    On 3/9/2013 6:17 PM, Pete Ferrand wrote:

                    Hey Ron, you had a q5 signal here nr Chicago. Tried to call you but the connect request came through as connect request to CQ instead my or anyone's call.

                    -Pete
                    WB2QLL
                    Somers, WI

                    >Hi guys, I just got in and saw the emails. I saw N4AY on 14105.515 dial
                    >and connected to him. We connected but I didn't receive any data from
                    >him. There seemed to be a couple of other stations close by. I'm in
                    >Pennsylvania.
                    >
                    >Ron ny3j
                    >
                    >On 3/9/2013 5:56 PM, mike.k0ter wrote:
                    >>

                    >> --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
                    >> <mailto:V4Protocol%40yahoogroups.com>, "POB" <bozo1945@...> wrote:
                    >> >
                    >> > It seems to me that the above frequency is shall we say polluted
                    >> with many varities of digital modes and of course all stations pile in
                    >> this small space leaving v4 in the same situation.
                    >> >
                    >> > I myself would suggest for all v4 activity to move up frequency on
                    >> 20 meters into a quiet zone such as 14.107.5 to get away from the
                    >> circus of digital modes.
                    >>
                    >> 14.107.5 is within the 14.1005-14.112 segment allocated by
                    >> the FCC for automatically controlled stations and is used
                    >> by WL2K stations. It might be better to choose a frequency
                    >> above 14.112.
                    >>
                    >> 73, Mike, K0TER

                  • Ron Wenig
                    Message 9 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
                      Pete, we connected but there's a pactor station there.  We should move just a bit.

                      Ron ny3j

                      On 3/9/2013 6:19 PM, Ron Wenig wrote:

                      I may have clicked the wrong thing.  I'll try connecting to you.

                      Ron ny3j

                      On 3/9/2013 6:17 PM, Pete Ferrand wrote:

                      Hey Ron, you had a q5 signal here nr Chicago. Tried to call you but the connect request came through as connect request to CQ instead my or anyone's call.

                      -Pete
                      WB2QLL
                      Somers, WI

                      >Hi guys, I just got in and saw the emails. I saw N4AY on 14105.515 dial
                      >and connected to him. We connected but I didn't receive any data from
                      >him. There seemed to be a couple of other stations close by. I'm in
                      >Pennsylvania.
                      >
                      >Ron ny3j
                      >
                      >On 3/9/2013 5:56 PM, mike.k0ter wrote:
                      >>

                      >> --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
                      >> <mailto:V4Protocol%40yahoogroups.com>, "POB" <bozo1945@...> wrote:
                      >> >
                      >> > It seems to me that the above frequency is shall we say polluted
                      >> with many varities of digital modes and of course all stations pile in
                      >> this small space leaving v4 in the same situation.
                      >> >
                      >> > I myself would suggest for all v4 activity to move up frequency on
                      >> 20 meters into a quiet zone such as 14.107.5 to get away from the
                      >> circus of digital modes.
                      >>
                      >> 14.107.5 is within the 14.1005-14.112 segment allocated by
                      >> the FCC for automatically controlled stations and is used
                      >> by WL2K stations. It might be better to choose a frequency
                      >> above 14.112.
                      >>
                      >> 73, Mike, K0TER

                  • Pete Ferrand
                    Message 10 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
                      OK but I think there's another problem. I'll move a khz or so higher and see. Try FEC if we can't transfer info.

                      -p

                      >Pete, we connected but there's a pactor station there. We should move
                      >just a bit.
                      >
                      >Ron ny3j
                      >
                      >On 3/9/2013 6:19 PM, Ron Wenig wrote:
                      >>
                      >> I may have clicked the wrong thing. I'll try connecting to you.
                      >>
                      >> Ron ny3j
                      >>
                      >> On 3/9/2013 6:17 PM, Pete Ferrand wrote:
                      >>>

                      >>> Hey Ron, you had a q5 signal here nr Chicago. Tried to call you but
                      >>> the connect request came through as connect request to CQ instead my
                      >>> or anyone's call.
                      >>>
                      >>> -Pete
                      >>> WB2QLL
                      >>> Somers, WI

                    • Pete Ferrand
                      Message 11 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
                        Ron are you seeing any of my text?
                        -p

                        >Pete, we connected but there's a pactor station there. We should move
                        >just a bit.
                        >
                        >Ron ny3j
                        >
                        >On 3/9/2013 6:19 PM, Ron Wenig wrote:
                        >>
                        >> I may have clicked the wrong thing. I'll try connecting to you.
                        >>
                        >> Ron ny3j
                        >>
                        >> On 3/9/2013 6:17 PM, Pete Ferrand wrote:
                        >>>

                        >>> Hey Ron, you had a q5 signal here nr Chicago. Tried to call you but
                        >>> the connect request came through as connect request to CQ instead my
                        >>> or anyone's call.
                        >>>
                        >>> -Pete
                        >>> WB2QLL
                        >>> Somers, WI

                      • Ron Wenig
                        Message 12 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
                          We are connected there at 14.106.5 dial but there's another pactor station there...they are everywhere.

                          Ron ny3j

                        • Ron Wenig
                          Message 13 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
                            no text just the connect..do you see my text.

                            Ron

                          • Pete Ferrand
                            Message 14 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
                              Don't hear a thing on this freq. Try FEC and I'll call you!
                              -p

                              >We are connected there at 14.106.5 dial but there's another pactor
                              >station there...they are everywhere.
                              >
                              >Ron ny3j
                              >
                              >On 3/9/2013 6:32 PM, Pete Ferrand wrote:
                              >>

                              >> OK but I think there's another problem. I'll move a khz or so higher
                              >> and see. Try FEC if we can't transfer info.
                              >>
                              >> -p

                            • POB
                              Message 15 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
                                --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "mike.k0ter" <stansberrymj@...> wrote:

                                > --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "POB" <bozo1945@> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > It seems to me that the above frequency is shall we say polluted with many varities of digital modes and of course all stations pile in this small space leaving v4 in the same situation.
                                > >
                                > > I myself would suggest for all v4 activity to move up frequency on 20 meters into a quiet zone such as 14.107.5 to get away from the circus of digital modes.
                                >
                                > 14.107.5 is within the 14.1005-14.112 segment allocated by
                                > the FCC for automatically controlled stations and is used
                                > by WL2K stations. It might be better to choose a frequency
                                > above 14.112.
                                >
                                > 73, Mike, K0TER

                                You are probably right,not sure of a frequency, but it is a mess on 20 and tonight pactor robots everywhere up to 14114 at moment.
                                quiet around 14.117.50 maybe better.....
                                POB/K8LEN
                              • Pete Ferrand
                                Message 16 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013

                                  Did you disappear don't hear a thing from you?

                                  -p

                                  Message 17 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
                                    I'm parked on 14.117.5 calling CQ

                                    Message 18 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
                                      I've dropped downtown 40 m. 7073

                                      Later

                                      Don va7dgp

                                      On Saturday, March 9, 2013, Don Poaps wrote:
                                      I'm parked on 14.117.5 calling CQ

                                      On Saturday, March 9, 2013, POB wrote:

                                      --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "mike.k0ter" <stansberrymj@...> wrote:

                                      > --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "POB" <bozo1945@> wrote:
                                      > >
                                      > > It seems to me that the above frequency is shall we say polluted with many varities of digital modes and of course all stations pile in this small space leaving v4 in the same situation.
                                      > >
                                      > > I myself would suggest for all v4 activity to move up frequency on 20 meters into a quiet zone such as 14.107.5 to get away from the circus of digital modes.
                                      >
                                      > 14.107.5 is within the 14.1005-14.112 segment allocated by
                                      > the FCC for automatically controlled stations and is used
                                      > by WL2K stations. It might be better to choose a frequency
                                      > above 14.112.
                                      >
                                      > 73, Mike, K0TER

                                      You are probably right,not sure of a frequency, but it is a mess on 20 and tonight pactor robots everywhere up to 14114 at moment.
                                      quiet around 14.117.50 maybe better.....
                                      POB/K8LEN

                                      Recent Activity:

                                      Message 19 of 23 , Apr 28, 2013
                                        I noticed K7LRB and K7KEV on 14.065. I try to connect to K7LRB but to much PSK in the transmit frame

                                        Sent from my iPod
                                        Don Poaps
                                        va7dgp@...