Re: 14.073

  • truckerdon1949
    Message 1 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
      Greetings..

      I'm parked on 14.107.5 till about 11:30 Pacific or 21;30 UTC

      Give or take, from the Honey Do List

      73

      Don VA7DGP

      --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, Stan Gordon <thegordons07@...> wrote:

      > Sounds like a good idea to me. 14.105 to 14.110 was a start up area for Olivia a few years back but I have not heard many signals in that area.
      >
      > Stan,
      > K7JIZ
      >

      > To: V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
      > From: bozo1945@...
      > Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2013 14:30:32 +0000
      > Subject: [V4Protocol] 14.073
      >

      > It seems to me that the above frequency is shall we say polluted with many varities of digital modes and of course all stations pile in this small space leaving v4 in the same situation.
      >
      > I myself would suggest for all v4 activity to move up frequency on 20 meters into a quiet zone such as 14.107.5 to get away from the circus of digital modes.
      >
      > On 30 meters 10.143 in that area seems advisable, this would give our EUROPEAN friends a better chance to work the USA, since their frequency mode allocation is somewhat different.
      >
      > Just thoughts on this mess on 20 meters.
      >
      > 73
      >
      > POB/K8LEN

    • Rick Westerfield
      Message 2 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013

        Calling you now . . . .

        Rick KH2DF

        I'm parked on 14.107.5 till about 11:30 Pacific or 21;30 UTC

        Give or take, from the Honey Do List

        73

        Don VA7DGP

        --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, Stan Gordon <thegordons07@...> wrote:

        > Sounds like a good idea to me. 14.105 to 14.110 was a start up area for Olivia a few years back but I have not heard many signals in that area.
        >
        > Stan,
        > K7JIZ
        >

        > To: V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
        > From: bozo1945@...
        > Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2013 14:30:32 +0000
        > Subject: [V4Protocol] 14.073
        >

        > It seems to me that the above frequency is shall we say polluted with many varities of digital modes and of course all stations pile in this small space leaving v4 in the same situation.
        >
        > I myself would suggest for all v4 activity to move up frequency on 20 meters into a quiet zone such as 14.107.5 to get away from the circus of digital modes.
        >
        > On 30 meters 10.143 in that area seems advisable, this would give our EUROPEAN friends a better chance to work the USA, since their frequency mode allocation is somewhat different.
        >
        > Just thoughts on this mess on 20 meters.
        >
        > 73
        >
        > POB/K8LEN

      • Rick Westerfield
        Message 3 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013

          And that is a dial frequency for me, 14.109 center?????

          Rick KH2DF

          Message 4 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
            I've just left V4chat. I'll be back about 21:00 UTC. Or 13:00 pacific. Southern Territory Satern Digital Net on.

            I'll be back as someone from California use to day.

            Don va7dgp

            On Saturday, March 9, 2013, Rick Westerfield wrote:

            And that is a dial frequency for me, 14.109 center?????

            Rick KH2DF

            I'm parked on 14.107.5 till about 11:30 Pacific or 21;30 UTC

            Give or take, from the Honey Do List

            73

            Don VA7DGP

            --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, Stan Gordon <thegordons07@...> wrote:

            > Sounds like a good idea to me. 14.105 to 14.110 was a start up area for Olivia a few years back but I have not heard many signals in that area.
            >
            > Stan,
            > K7JIZ
            >

            > To: V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
            > From: bozo1945@...
            > Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2013 14:30:32 +0000
            > Subject: [V4Protocol] 14.073
            >

            > It seems to me that the above frequency is shall we say polluted with many varities of digital modes and of course all stations pile in this small space leaving v4 in the same situation.
            >
            > I myself would suggest for all v4 activity to move up frequency on 20 meters into a quiet zone such as 14.107.5 to get away from the circus of digital modes.
            >
            > On 30 meters 10.143 in that area seems advisable, this would give our EUROPEAN friends a better chance to work the USA, since their frequency mode allocation is somewhat different.
            >
            > Just thoughts on this mess on 20 meters.
            >
            > 73
            >
            > POB/K8LEN

          • truckerdon1949
            Message 5 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013

              I move up to 14.109.

              Don va7dgp

              --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Westerfield" <r_lwesterfield@...> wrote:

              > And that is a dial frequency for me, 14.109 center?????
              >

              > Rick KH2DF

            • Rick Westerfield
              Message 6 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013

                14.109 dial or 14.109 center freq??

                Rick KH2DF

                > And that is a dial frequency for me, 14.109 center?????
                >

                > Rick KH2DF

              • mike.k0ter
                Message 7 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
                  --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "POB" <bozo1945@...> wrote:

                  > It seems to me that the above frequency is shall we say polluted with many varities of digital modes and of course all stations pile in this small space leaving v4 in the same situation.
                  >
                  > I myself would suggest for all v4 activity to move up frequency on 20 meters into a quiet zone such as 14.107.5 to get away from the circus of digital modes.

                  14.107.5 is within the 14.1005-14.112 segment allocated by
                  the FCC for automatically controlled stations and is used
                  by WL2K stations. It might be better to choose a frequency
                  above 14.112.

                  73, Mike, K0TER
                • Ron Wenig
                  Message 8 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
                    Hi guys, I just got in and saw the emails.  I saw N4AY on 14105.515 dial and connected to him.  We connected but I didn't receive any data from him.  There seemed to be a couple of other stations close by.  I'm in Pennsylvania.

                    Ron ny3j

                    On 3/9/2013 5:56 PM, mike.k0ter wrote:

                    --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "POB" <bozo1945@...> wrote:

                    > It seems to me that the above frequency is shall we say polluted with many varities of digital modes and of course all stations pile in this small space leaving v4 in the same situation.
                    >
                    > I myself would suggest for all v4 activity to move up frequency on 20 meters into a quiet zone such as 14.107.5 to get away from the circus of digital modes.

                    14.107.5 is within the 14.1005-14.112 segment allocated by
                    the FCC for automatically controlled stations and is used
                    by WL2K stations. It might be better to choose a frequency
                    above 14.112.

                    73, Mike, K0TER

                  • Pete Ferrand
                    Message 9 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
                      Hey Ron, you had a q5 signal here nr Chicago. Tried to call you but the connect request came through as connect request to CQ instead my or anyone's call.

                      -Pete
                      WB2QLL
                      Somers, WI

                      >Hi guys, I just got in and saw the emails. I saw N4AY on 14105.515 dial
                      >and connected to him. We connected but I didn't receive any data from
                      >him. There seemed to be a couple of other stations close by. I'm in
                      >Pennsylvania.
                      >
                      >Ron ny3j
                      >
                      >On 3/9/2013 5:56 PM, mike.k0ter wrote:
                      >>

                      >> --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
                      >> <mailto:V4Protocol%40yahoogroups.com>, "POB" <bozo1945@...> wrote:
                      >> >
                      >> > It seems to me that the above frequency is shall we say polluted
                      >> with many varities of digital modes and of course all stations pile in
                      >> this small space leaving v4 in the same situation.
                      >> >
                      >> > I myself would suggest for all v4 activity to move up frequency on
                      >> 20 meters into a quiet zone such as 14.107.5 to get away from the
                      >> circus of digital modes.
                      >>
                      >> 14.107.5 is within the 14.1005-14.112 segment allocated by
                      >> the FCC for automatically controlled stations and is used
                      >> by WL2K stations. It might be better to choose a frequency
                      >> above 14.112.
                      >>
                      >> 73, Mike, K0TER

                    • Ron Wenig
                      Message 10 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
                        I may have clicked the wrong thing.  I'll try connecting to you.

                        Ron ny3j

                        On 3/9/2013 6:17 PM, Pete Ferrand wrote:

                        Hey Ron, you had a q5 signal here nr Chicago. Tried to call you but the connect request came through as connect request to CQ instead my or anyone's call.

                        -Pete
                        WB2QLL
                        Somers, WI

                        >Hi guys, I just got in and saw the emails. I saw N4AY on 14105.515 dial
                        >and connected to him. We connected but I didn't receive any data from
                        >him. There seemed to be a couple of other stations close by. I'm in
                        >Pennsylvania.
                        >
                        >Ron ny3j
                        >
                        >On 3/9/2013 5:56 PM, mike.k0ter wrote:
                        >>

                        >> --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
                        >> <mailto:V4Protocol%40yahoogroups.com>, "POB" <bozo1945@...> wrote:
                        >> >
                        >> > It seems to me that the above frequency is shall we say polluted
                        >> with many varities of digital modes and of course all stations pile in
                        >> this small space leaving v4 in the same situation.
                        >> >
                        >> > I myself would suggest for all v4 activity to move up frequency on
                        >> 20 meters into a quiet zone such as 14.107.5 to get away from the
                        >> circus of digital modes.
                        >>
                        >> 14.107.5 is within the 14.1005-14.112 segment allocated by
                        >> the FCC for automatically controlled stations and is used
                        >> by WL2K stations. It might be better to choose a frequency
                        >> above 14.112.
                        >>
                        >> 73, Mike, K0TER

                      • Ron Wenig
                        Message 11 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
                          Pete, we connected but there's a pactor station there.  We should move just a bit.

                          Ron ny3j

                          On 3/9/2013 6:19 PM, Ron Wenig wrote:

                          I may have clicked the wrong thing.  I'll try connecting to you.

                          Ron ny3j

                          On 3/9/2013 6:17 PM, Pete Ferrand wrote:

                          Hey Ron, you had a q5 signal here nr Chicago. Tried to call you but the connect request came through as connect request to CQ instead my or anyone's call.

                          -Pete
                          WB2QLL
                          Somers, WI

                          >Hi guys, I just got in and saw the emails. I saw N4AY on 14105.515 dial
                          >and connected to him. We connected but I didn't receive any data from
                          >him. There seemed to be a couple of other stations close by. I'm in
                          >Pennsylvania.
                          >
                          >Ron ny3j
                          >
                          >On 3/9/2013 5:56 PM, mike.k0ter wrote:
                          >>

                          >> --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
                          >> <mailto:V4Protocol%40yahoogroups.com>, "POB" <bozo1945@...> wrote:
                          >> >
                          >> > It seems to me that the above frequency is shall we say polluted
                          >> with many varities of digital modes and of course all stations pile in
                          >> this small space leaving v4 in the same situation.
                          >> >
                          >> > I myself would suggest for all v4 activity to move up frequency on
                          >> 20 meters into a quiet zone such as 14.107.5 to get away from the
                          >> circus of digital modes.
                          >>
                          >> 14.107.5 is within the 14.1005-14.112 segment allocated by
                          >> the FCC for automatically controlled stations and is used
                          >> by WL2K stations. It might be better to choose a frequency
                          >> above 14.112.
                          >>
                          >> 73, Mike, K0TER

                      • Pete Ferrand
                        Message 12 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
                          OK but I think there's another problem. I'll move a khz or so higher and see. Try FEC if we can't transfer info.

                          -p

                          >Pete, we connected but there's a pactor station there. We should move
                          >just a bit.
                          >
                          >Ron ny3j
                          >
                          >On 3/9/2013 6:19 PM, Ron Wenig wrote:
                          >>
                          >> I may have clicked the wrong thing. I'll try connecting to you.
                          >>
                          >> Ron ny3j
                          >>
                          >> On 3/9/2013 6:17 PM, Pete Ferrand wrote:
                          >>>

                          >>> Hey Ron, you had a q5 signal here nr Chicago. Tried to call you but
                          >>> the connect request came through as connect request to CQ instead my
                          >>> or anyone's call.
                          >>>
                          >>> -Pete
                          >>> WB2QLL
                          >>> Somers, WI

                        • Pete Ferrand
                          Message 13 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
                            Ron are you seeing any of my text?
                            -p

                            >Pete, we connected but there's a pactor station there. We should move
                            >just a bit.
                            >
                            >Ron ny3j
                            >
                            >On 3/9/2013 6:19 PM, Ron Wenig wrote:
                            >>
                            >> I may have clicked the wrong thing. I'll try connecting to you.
                            >>
                            >> Ron ny3j
                            >>
                            >> On 3/9/2013 6:17 PM, Pete Ferrand wrote:
                            >>>

                            >>> Hey Ron, you had a q5 signal here nr Chicago. Tried to call you but
                            >>> the connect request came through as connect request to CQ instead my
                            >>> or anyone's call.
                            >>>
                            >>> -Pete
                            >>> WB2QLL
                            >>> Somers, WI

                          • Ron Wenig
                            Message 14 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
                              We are connected there at 14.106.5 dial but there's another pactor station there...they are everywhere.

                              Ron ny3j

                            • Ron Wenig
                              Message 15 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
                                no text just the connect..do you see my text.

                                Ron

                              • Pete Ferrand
                                Message 16 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
                                  Don't hear a thing on this freq. Try FEC and I'll call you!
                                  -p

                                  >We are connected there at 14.106.5 dial but there's another pactor
                                  >station there...they are everywhere.
                                  >
                                  >Ron ny3j
                                  >
                                  >On 3/9/2013 6:32 PM, Pete Ferrand wrote:
                                  >>

                                  >> OK but I think there's another problem. I'll move a khz or so higher
                                  >> and see. Try FEC if we can't transfer info.
                                  >>
                                  >> -p

                                • POB
                                  Message 17 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
                                    --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "mike.k0ter" <stansberrymj@...> wrote:

                                    > --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "POB" <bozo1945@> wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > It seems to me that the above frequency is shall we say polluted with many varities of digital modes and of course all stations pile in this small space leaving v4 in the same situation.
                                    > >
                                    > > I myself would suggest for all v4 activity to move up frequency on 20 meters into a quiet zone such as 14.107.5 to get away from the circus of digital modes.
                                    >
                                    > 14.107.5 is within the 14.1005-14.112 segment allocated by
                                    > the FCC for automatically controlled stations and is used
                                    > by WL2K stations. It might be better to choose a frequency
                                    > above 14.112.
                                    >
                                    > 73, Mike, K0TER

                                    You are probably right,not sure of a frequency, but it is a mess on 20 and tonight pactor robots everywhere up to 14114 at moment.
                                    quiet around 14.117.50 maybe better.....
                                    POB/K8LEN
                                  • Pete Ferrand
                                    Message 18 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013

                                      Did you disappear don't hear a thing from you?

                                      -p

                                      Message 19 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
                                        I'm parked on 14.117.5 calling CQ

                                        Message 20 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
                                          I've dropped downtown 40 m. 7073

                                          Later

                                          Don va7dgp

                                          On Saturday, March 9, 2013, Don Poaps wrote:
                                          I'm parked on 14.117.5 calling CQ

                                          On Saturday, March 9, 2013, POB wrote:

                                          --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "mike.k0ter" <stansberrymj@...> wrote:

                                          > --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "POB" <bozo1945@> wrote:
                                          > >
                                          > > It seems to me that the above frequency is shall we say polluted with many varities of digital modes and of course all stations pile in this small space leaving v4 in the same situation.
                                          > >
                                          > > I myself would suggest for all v4 activity to move up frequency on 20 meters into a quiet zone such as 14.107.5 to get away from the circus of digital modes.
                                          >
                                          > 14.107.5 is within the 14.1005-14.112 segment allocated by
                                          > the FCC for automatically controlled stations and is used
                                          > by WL2K stations. It might be better to choose a frequency
                                          > above 14.112.
                                          >
                                          > 73, Mike, K0TER

                                          You are probably right,not sure of a frequency, but it is a mess on 20 and tonight pactor robots everywhere up to 14114 at moment.
                                          quiet around 14.117.50 maybe better.....
                                          POB/K8LEN

                                          Recent Activity:

                                          Message 21 of 23 , Apr 28, 2013
                                            I noticed K7LRB and K7KEV on 14.065. I try to connect to K7LRB but to much PSK in the transmit frame

                                            Sent from my iPod
                                            Don Poaps
                                            va7dgp@...