Re: [Bulk] RE: [V4Protocol] 60 meters anyone ?

  • Chris McCarthy
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 24, 2013
      Thanks Eugene and Alaster,
      hope my S8 noise level doesn't spoil the fun!

      Chris G3XVL

      On 24 February 2013 14:18, Alaster Bruce <alaster.bruce@...> wrote:

      Hi Chris and Eugene

      I will be on 5364

      Alaster M1DFO

      Manchester IO83vj

      On 24 February 2013 13:07, Eugene Morgan <G4AIU@...> wrote:

      Hi Chris,

      I will be on 5364 kHz USB around 1430z.

      Eugene / G4AIU

      IO80jx

      Wellington, Som.

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 24, 2013

        Hi Chris and Alaster,

        Both your emails have just popped onto my screen!!

        Chris, I could hear you loud here in IO80jx and received just your name and QTH – that may still count as a QSO !!  Hi Hi

        I also heard you in QSO request to M1DFO / Alaster.

        We can try again on 60m –later – S6/7 here.

        73 to you both

        Eugene / G4AIU

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 24, 2013
          Eugene and Alaster,
          I got all your text Eugene before the disconnect... so a QSO!
          Got a connect request from Alaster but nothing else.
          Tom DF5JL heard me at abou 5 7 but couldn't come back as 5 MHz not permitted in Germany.
          I will put out a CQ at around 16:30 and see if anyone is around for a test/QSO on 5364 kHz USB dial if clear.

          73 Chris G3XVL

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 24, 2013
            Eugene,

            thanks for QSO yesterday, my 1st with V4.
            Conditions were starting to change for the better during the QSO, shame I had to go.
            How were conditions at your end ? I get varying amount of noise, it was about S8 (in 3kHz bandwidth) The inverted L works well for TX, but noisy on RX. I have made up a loaded dipole and as soon as the WX permits will put that up.

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 25, 2013

              Hi Chris,

              Thanks for the info.

              I was very pleased with our QSO on 5 MHz using V4Chat. I got my new NoV in January and have had a number of QSO’s on 60m using PSK31, PSK63 and CW (my favourite mode).

              Conditions here yesterday were not good – though I did pick up some of your QSO. As you say, conditions improved towards the end of the contact. I have been using my long wire and SG230 for years – it is only up about 6m but for some reason works very on all HF bands.

              In am very interested in V4Chat – in fact, I am very interested in ALL digi-modes – and I hope we can make contact again on 60m in V4.

              73 de Eugene/G4AIU