60 meters anyone ?

  • g3xvl
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 24, 2013
      Anyone fancy trying V4Chat on 60 meters ?
      I will be on this afternoon 24th Feb at 14:30 UTC
      - USB dial 5364 kHz if clear.

      Chris G3XVL Ipswich
      JO02NB
    • Eugene Morgan
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 24, 2013

        Hi Chris,

        I will be on 5364 kHz USB around 1430z.

        Eugene / G4AIU

        IO80jx

        Wellington, Som.

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 24, 2013
          Hi Chris and Eugene

          I will be on 5364

          Alaster M1DFO

          Manchester IO83vj

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 24, 2013
            Thanks Eugene and Alaster,
            hope my S8 noise level doesn't spoil the fun!

            Chris G3XVL

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 24, 2013

              Hi Chris and Alaster,

              Both your emails have just popped onto my screen!!

              Chris, I could hear you loud here in IO80jx and received just your name and QTH – that may still count as a QSO !!  Hi Hi

              I also heard you in QSO request to M1DFO / Alaster.

              We can try again on 60m –later – S6/7 here.

              73 to you both

              Eugene / G4AIU

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 24, 2013
                Eugene and Alaster,
                I got all your text Eugene before the disconnect... so a QSO!
                Got a connect request from Alaster but nothing else.
                Tom DF5JL heard me at abou 5 7 but couldn't come back as 5 MHz not permitted in Germany.
                I will put out a CQ at around 16:30 and see if anyone is around for a test/QSO on 5364 kHz USB dial if clear.

                73 Chris G3XVL

                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 24, 2013
                  Eugene,

                  thanks for QSO yesterday, my 1st with V4.
                  Conditions were starting to change for the better during the QSO, shame I had to go.
                  How were conditions at your end ? I get varying amount of noise, it was about S8 (in 3kHz bandwidth) The inverted L works well for TX, but noisy on RX. I have made up a loaded dipole and as soon as the WX permits will put that up.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 25, 2013

                    Hi Chris,

                    Thanks for the info.

                    I was very pleased with our QSO on 5 MHz using V4Chat. I got my new NoV in January and have had a number of QSO’s on 60m using PSK31, PSK63 and CW (my favourite mode).

                    Conditions here yesterday were not good – though I did pick up some of your QSO. As you say, conditions improved towards the end of the contact. I have been using my long wire and SG230 for years – it is only up about 6m but for some reason works very on all HF bands.

                    In am very interested in V4Chat – in fact, I am very interested in ALL digi-modes – and I hope we can make contact again on 60m in V4.

                    73 de Eugene/G4AIU