Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [V4Protocol] 30m Operating Frequency (Was: Re: LOTW)

Expand Messages
  • Ron Wenig
    Thanks Pat. I guess the band is closed because I don t hear IK3NWX or anything else. 73, Ron ny3j ... Thanks Pat. I guess the band is closed because I don t
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 17, 2013
    • 0 Attachment
      Thanks Pat.  I guess the band is closed because I don't hear IK3NWX or anything else.

      73, Ron ny3j

      On 2/17/2013 9:24 AM, ON2AD wrote:
       

      Nothing to hear, because strong CW signal from IK3NWX/BEACON
      Sri..

      73 de Pat ON2AD

      --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, Ron Wenig wrote:
      >
      > Bob,
      >
      > I'm on 10.136, dial frequency, usb.
      >
      > 73, Ron ny3j
      >
      > On 2/17/2013 8:14 AM, VE2HAR wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Glenn,
      > > I would like to have a sked on 30 meter for V4 mode.
      > > Please let me know.
      > > 73 Bob, VE2HAR
      > >
      > > --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
      > > , "Glenn L. Roeser" wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Thanks James,
      > > > I have been calling on 10.136 and 10.131 in the evening, but no
      > > contacts yet. I have had some success on 14.073 but the conditions
      > > have been very poor.
      > > > I was told that the mode is gaining in popularity, so there should
      > > be more of a chance as time goes on.
      > > > Very 73, Glenn WB2LMV
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > > >________________________________
      > > > > From: james_nf8i
      > > > >To: V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
      > > > >Sent: Thursday, August 9, 2012 9:06 AM
      > > > >Subject: [V4Protocol] 30m Operating Frequency (Was: Re: LOTW)
      > > > >
      > > > >
      > > > >Â
      > > > >Glenn,
      > > > >
      > > > >There was a suggesting at one point to use 10.135, but I'm not
      > > really sure what people are using now.
      > > > >
      > > > >73 de NF8I,
      > > > >
      > > > >~James
      > > > >
      > > > >--- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
      > > , "Glenn L. Roeser" wrote:
      > > > >>
      > > > >> Hello James,
      > > > >> That's exactly right! Thank you explaining this. I also tried to
      > > upload the file to eQSL and I saw all my CQs were part of the file.
      > > That certainly won't stop me from using and enjoying this mode. I
      > > wonder James, do you know which frequency is used for V4 Chat on 30
      > > meters? I tried both 10.131 and 10.136 but I'm not sure which is the
      > > most popular. I did see a signal on 10.136 last night but no matter
      > > what I did I could not decode it. I was thinking could that have been
      > > Winmor?
      > > > >> Thanks again, very 73 Glenn
      > > > >
      > > > >
      > > > >
      > > > >
      > > > >
      > > >
      > >
      > >
      >


    • Tom DF5JL
      Concerning to IARU Region 1 rules digital modes are specified from 10.140 to 10.150 kHz. Therefore 10.143 kHz would be much better and free of any beacon or
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 17, 2013
      • 0 Attachment
        Concerning to IARU Region 1 rules digital modes are specified from
        10.140 to 10.150 kHz. Therefore 10.143 kHz would be much better and free
        of any beacon or stations using cw. Pat, you'll find me @10.143 and
        14.073 in V4chat mostly at weekends. But send me a mail for an
        appointment if you like (et zijn 125 km tuissen onsere QTHs, ik denk dat
        de 40m band optimaal wil werken. En 80m band antenna heb ik met end van
        04/2013).

        IARU is discussing to harmonize the 30m band in region 1, 2 and 3,
        because 10 MHz allows "interregional" traffic at day and night.


        73, tot ziens de tom df5jl





        Am 17.02.13 15:37, schrieb Ron Wenig:
        >
        > Thanks Pat. I guess the band is closed because I don't hear IK3NWX or
        > anything else.
        >
        > 73, Ron ny3j
        >
        > On 2/17/2013 9:24 AM, ON2AD wrote:
        >>
        >> Nothing to hear, because strong CW signal from IK3NWX/BEACON
        >> Sri..
        >>
        >> 73 de Pat ON2AD
        >>
        >> --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
        >> <mailto:V4Protocol%40yahoogroups.com>, Ron Wenig wrote:
        >> >
        >> > Bob,
        >> >
        >> > I'm on 10.136, dial frequency, usb.
        >> >
        >> > 73, Ron ny3j
        >> >
        >> > On 2/17/2013 8:14 AM, VE2HAR wrote:
        >> > >
        >> > > Hi Glenn,
        >> > > I would like to have a sked on 30 meter for V4 mode.
        >> > > Please let me know.
        >> > > 73 Bob, VE2HAR
        >> > >
        >> > > --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
        >> <mailto:V4Protocol%40yahoogroups.com>
        >> > > , "Glenn L. Roeser" wrote:
        >> > > >
        >> > > > Thanks James,
        >> > > > I have been calling on 10.136 and 10.131 in the evening, but no
        >> > > contacts yet. I have had some success on 14.073 but the conditions
        >> > > have been very poor.
        >> > > > I was told that the mode is gaining in popularity, so there should
        >> > > be more of a chance as time goes on.
        >> > > > Very 73, Glenn WB2LMV
        >>
      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.