30m Operating Frequency (Was: Re: LOTW)

  • VE2HAR
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 17, 2013
      Hi Glenn,
      I would like to have a sked on 30 meter for V4 mode.
      Please let me know.
      73 Bob, VE2HAR

      --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn L. Roeser" <hillbillietrace@...> wrote:

      > Thanks James,
      > I have been calling on 10.136 and 10.131 in the evening, but no contacts yet. I have had some success on 14.073 but the conditions have been very poor.
      > I was told that the mode is gaining in popularity, so there should be more of a chance as time goes on.
      > Very 73, Glenn WB2LMV
      >

      > >________________________________

    • Ron Wenig
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 17, 2013
        Bob,

        I'm on 10.136, dial frequency, usb.

        73, Ron ny3j

        --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn L. Roeser" wrote:

        > Thanks James,
        > I have been calling on 10.136 and 10.131 in the evening, but no contacts yet. I have had some success on 14.073 but the conditions have been very poor.
        > I was told that the mode is gaining in popularity, so there should be more of a chance as time goes on.
        > Very 73, Glenn WB2LMV
        >

        > >________________________________

      • ON2AD
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 17, 2013
          Nothing to hear, because strong CW signal from IK3NWX/BEACON
          Sri..

          73 de Pat ON2AD

          --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, Ron Wenig <rwenig@...> wrote:

          > Bob,
          >
          > I'm on 10.136, dial frequency, usb.
          >
          > 73, Ron ny3j
          >
          > On 2/17/2013 8:14 AM, VE2HAR wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi Glenn,
          > > I would like to have a sked on 30 meter for V4 mode.
          > > Please let me know.
          > > 73 Bob, VE2HAR
          > >
          > > --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
          > > <mailto:V4Protocol%40yahoogroups.com>, "Glenn L. Roeser" wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Thanks James,
          > > > I have been calling on 10.136 and 10.131 in the evening, but no
          > > contacts yet. I have had some success on 14.073 but the conditions
          > > have been very poor.
          > > > I was told that the mode is gaining in popularity, so there should
          > > be more of a chance as time goes on.
          > > > Very 73, Glenn WB2LMV

        • Ron Wenig
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 17, 2013
            Thanks Pat.  I guess the band is closed because I don't hear IK3NWX or anything else.

            73, Ron ny3j

            --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, Ron Wenig wrote:

            > Bob,
            >
            > I'm on 10.136, dial frequency, usb.
            >
            > 73, Ron ny3j
            >
            > On 2/17/2013 8:14 AM, VE2HAR wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi Glenn,
            > > I would like to have a sked on 30 meter for V4 mode.
            > > Please let me know.
            > > 73 Bob, VE2HAR
            > >
            > > --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
            > > , "Glenn L. Roeser" wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Thanks James,
            > > > I have been calling on 10.136 and 10.131 in the evening, but no
            > > contacts yet. I have had some success on 14.073 but the conditions
            > > have been very poor.
            > > > I was told that the mode is gaining in popularity, so there should
            > > be more of a chance as time goes on.
            > > > Very 73, Glenn WB2LMV

          • Tom DF5JL
            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 17, 2013
              Concerning to IARU Region 1 rules digital modes are specified from
              10.140 to 10.150 kHz. Therefore 10.143 kHz would be much better and free
              of any beacon or stations using cw. Pat, you'll find me @10.143 and
              14.073 in V4chat mostly at weekends. But send me a mail for an
              appointment if you like (et zijn 125 km tuissen onsere QTHs, ik denk dat
              de 40m band optimaal wil werken. En 80m band antenna heb ik met end van
              04/2013).

              IARU is discussing to harmonize the 30m band in region 1, 2 and 3,
              because 10 MHz allows "interregional" traffic at day and night.

              73, tot ziens de tom df5jl