Re: [V4Protocol] Re: New User Questions!

  • WD9DUI
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 13, 2013
      Ok will be looking for station on 7073, as on now... 5:35L
      73
      Gary wd9dui

      Sent: Sunday, January 13, 2013 4:34 PM
      Subject: [V4Protocol] Re: New User Questions!

      Never mind! You said "until 7" not "at 7". Thanks. Perhaps another time.

      Bob, KK4LAC

      Lamberson"  wrote:

      > > Hi Bob - i could listen for
      you on 7073-7074 now until about 7 p.m. e.t. if you want to give it another try - it works very good for me.
      > > 73
      > > Dick, w4web

      2013 6:14 PM
      > >   Subject: [V4Protocol] New User
      Questions!

      > >   I have V4Chat up and running - Windows 7, SignaLink
      USB, into a Yaesu FT-897D. I'm excited about trying this new mode out. Tried sending and ARQ - CQ several times but didn't see a response yet. I read through the help documentation, but didn't see anything specific about operating in the mode.

      > >   I noted the posts about
      frequencies in the group postings. Does everyone expect most V4 traffic to be on 7.073-7.074 or 14.073-14.074 centered on 1500Hz? Are there other common V4 areas on other bands?

      > >   I notice that the V4 Chat
      app 1.0.4.0 is preset for 1500Hz. Is there a way through the app to adjust where you are on the waterfall as one might see in HRD or fldigi so you could find or "chase" a V4 QSO?

      > >   Are there any "nets"
      running on V4 so one might be able to test TX/RX? Does this mode allow you to monitor "traffic" between other stations or is it only Peer-To-Peer?

      > >   Thanks! Hope to hook up with spome of you guys to
      osee how this works. Especially interested in how this might be applied to ARES or Emergency Comms.

      > >   Bob
      > >   KK4LAC
      > >   North Georgia

      <*> Your email settings: