New User Questions!

  • kk4lac@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 13, 2013
      I have V4Chat up and running - Windows 7, SignaLink USB, into a Yaesu FT-897D. I'm excited about trying this new mode out. Tried sending and ARQ - CQ several times but didn't see a response yet. I read through the help documentation, but didn't see anything specific about operating in the mode.

      I noted the posts about frequencies in the group postings. Does everyone expect most V4 traffic to be on 7.073-7.074 or 14.073-14.074 centered on 1500Hz? Are there other common V4 areas on other bands?

      I notice that the V4 Chat app 1.0.4.0 is preset for 1500Hz. Is there a way through the app to adjust where you are on the waterfall as one might see in HRD or fldigi so you could find or "chase" a V4 QSO?

      Are there any "nets" running on V4 so one might be able to test TX/RX? Does this mode allow you to monitor "traffic" between other stations or is it only Peer-To-Peer?

      Thanks! Hope to hook up with spome of you guys to osee how this works. Especially interested in how this might be applied to ARES or Emergency Comms.

      Bob
      KK4LAC
      North Georgia
    • Dick Lamberson
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 13, 2013
        Hi Bob - i could listen for you on 7073-7074 now until about 7 p.m. e.t. if you want to give it another try - it works very good for me.
        73
        Dick, w4web

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 13, 2013
          Great! Trying now. USB or Digital on the rig?

          Bob - KK4LAC

          --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "Dick Lamberson" wrote:

          > Hi Bob - i could listen for you on 7073-7074 now until about 7 p.m. e.t. if you want to give it another try - it works very good for me.
          > 73
          > Dick, w4web

        • Dick Lamberson
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 13, 2013
            Sorry, I was there only until 7 p.m. as my message stated.  I use USB for digital modes.
            I'll be available most of the day and evening tomorrow if you need to set up a sked.
            73,
            Dick, W4WEB

          • kk4lac@rocketmail.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 13, 2013
              Never mind! You said "until 7" not "at 7". Thanks. Perhaps another time.

              Bob, KK4LAC

              --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "kk4lac@..." wrote:

              > Great! Trying now. USB or Digital on the rig?
              >
              > Bob - KK4LAC
              >
              > --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "Dick Lamberson" wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi Bob - i could listen for you on 7073-7074 now until about 7 p.m. e.t. if you want to give it another try - it works very good for me.
              > > 73
              > > Dick, w4web

            • WD9DUI
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 13, 2013
                Ok will be looking for station on 7073, as on now... 5:35L
                73
                Gary wd9dui

                Sent: Sunday, January 13, 2013 4:34 PM

                Lamberson"  wrote:

                > > Hi Bob - i could listen for
                you on 7073-7074 now until about 7 p.m. e.t. if you want to give it another try - it works very good for me.
                > > 73
                > > Dick, w4web

                <*> Your email settings:
                    Individual Email | Traditional