Re: [V4Protocol] 20 and 40 meters

  • Leo yudysky
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 26, 2012
      Dave, wb0kgn
      That's an excellent point you bring up about a counterpoise for that type of antenna, right on the money.  Just bet he is getting rf back into the shack, it has all the symptoms doesn't it?
      My wife has a simple DXLB 160-10 dipole and it doesn't take much real estate and works great, very do-able.  I have it top hat style or level , I would have liked to droop the ends for better lower angle take off but I didn't want to have any ground obstacles.  Even my back guys for my tower I put up 6 feet to keep the deer from hanging themselves.
      Leo kf7oni

      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 26, 2012
        I have four guys for my tower.  Two are used also for 40 meter inverted vee, and tow for 80 meter inverted vee.  I used three eights inch stainless steel cable and compression insulators.  Two of the guys are held up with three inch caste iron water pipe 20 feet long.  I couldn't handle a 20 foot section of pipe, so I had it cut and used pipe unions.  I put a 10 foot section in the ground using a water hose down the inside of the pipe.  This left a hole double the diameter needed for the pipe...so I filled it with concrete.    Then I fastened the other ten feet.

        Dave