Flex...delay

  • palmdalesteve
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 24, 2012
      All

      I'm seeing about 380ms on delay with my Flex 3000 when calling CQ. Went through all the stuff in the help files, is there a some sort of magic that you have to do to the delays down?

      I am running Virtual Serial Port instead of the COM0 stuff as this program runs native under Windows 64 as a signed program.

      Thanks
    • wb0kgn@q.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 24, 2012
        On my TS480sat, I discovered that there was a vox delay that affected "everything".  Digimodes, c.w., and everything.  Adjusting that made a big difference.

        Dave wb0kgn

        I'm seeing about 380ms on delay with my Flex 3000 when calling CQ. Went through all the stuff in the help files, is there a some sort of magic that you have to do to the delays down?

        I am running Virtual Serial Port instead of the COM0 stuff as this program runs native under Windows 64 as a signed program.

        Thanks

      • Kirk
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 25, 2012

          I run V4 using my 5000 and have no problem with delay.  First off, within PWSDR setup, be sure you set latency to 0.  Do this in both the General tab as well as Audio/VAC tab.  I run all buffers at 1024 but this is somewhat dependent upon the type of computer you are using.  I’m using an I7 running Win7 Ultimate.  X64. With my setup, I see anywhere from 35ms to 135ms V4 latency.  If you continue to have problems send me a direct email and include your telephone number along with a good time to contact you.  I’ll talk you through the setup.  Email address is in QRZ.

          Merry Christmas,

          Kirk, K6KAR

          Niceville, FL

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 25, 2012
            Kirk

            Thanks, that was it, my latency in VAC was set to something outehr than 0. Set to 0 and fixed my issue.

            --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "Kirk" <kirk.harding@...> wrote:

            > I run V4 using my 5000 and have no problem with delay. First off, within
            > PWSDR setup, be sure you set latency to 0. Do this in both the General tab
            > as well as Audio/VAC tab. I run all buffers at 1024 but this is somewhat
            > dependent upon the type of computer you are using. I'm using an I7 running
            > Win7 Ultimate. X64. With my setup, I see anywhere from 35ms to 135ms V4
            > latency. If you continue to have problems send me a direct email and
            > include your telephone number along with a good time to contact you. I'll
            > talk you through the setup. Email address is in QRZ.
            >

            > Merry Christmas,
            >

            > Kirk, K6KAR
            >
            > Niceville, FL

          • Kirk
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 25, 2012

              OK, glad you got it fixed.  Bye the way, please include your name and call.

              Thanks,

              Kirk, K6KAR

              Thanks, that was it, my latency in VAC was set to something outehr than 0. Set to 0 and fixed my issue.

              --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "Kirk" <kirk.harding@...> wrote:

              > I run V4 using my 5000 and have no problem with delay. First off, within
              > PWSDR setup, be sure you set latency to 0. Do this in both the General tab
              > as well as Audio/VAC tab. I run all buffers at 1024 but this is somewhat
              > dependent upon the type of computer you are using. I'm using an I7 running
              > Win7 Ultimate. X64. With my setup, I see anywhere from 35ms to 135ms V4
              > latency. If you continue to have problems send me a direct email and
              > include your telephone number along with a good time to contact you. I'll
              > talk you through the setup. Email address is in QRZ.
              >

              > Merry Christmas,
              >

              > Kirk, K6KAR
              >
              > Niceville, FL

            • palmdalesteve
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 25, 2012
                Kirk

                Thanks again for the help.

                Steve N6CRR

                --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "Kirk" <kirk.harding@...> wrote:

                > OK, glad you got it fixed. Bye the way, please include your name and call.
                >

                > Thanks,
                >

                > Kirk, K6KAR

              • WD9DUI
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 25, 2012
                  *** CONNECT REQUEST CQ de K0WL @ 2012/12/25 20:53:00.932
                  connected, but think due to poor condx  no data passed?
                  Gary