Re: [V4Protocol] Monday

  • WD9DUI
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 24, 2012

      *** CONNECT REQUEST CQ de KJ4HB @ 2012/12/24 16:57:48.569
      From: WD9DUI
      Sent: Monday, December 24, 2012 9:57 AM
      Subject: Re: [V4Protocol] Monday

      one call KJ4HB, seen...

      From: WD9DUI
      Sent: Monday, December 24, 2012 8:19 AM
      Subject: [V4Protocol] Monday

      I will leave the station set up and on freq, will see if I can see anything. I will be in and out today.
      73
      Gary WD9DUI

      Sent: Monday, December 24, 2012 8:05 AM
      Subject: Re: [V4Protocol] V4 sked 2230 Sunday?

      Well maybe Monday then?  I tried 14073 and 14075 but did not hear anyone except some JT65 and Oliva.
      My beam froze at 90 degrees so I will try again to the east coast from here in Montana until the bearing thaws out.  I thought I had that fixed, I put a rubber boot on the top of the tower to shed the water away from the top platform where the brass bearing is.  Just enough water must slip in this bearing and freezes.  I have two more bearing supports below that then the rotor sits 3 feet down in the tower.

      Paul, and group
      Lets try that again, at the same time which I hope is good for you.  This would be 3:30pm local mountain time here  in Montana and 20 meters should still be fine at that time.
      I find leaving the V4 program 'on' helps grab contacts too.  I've made a few contacts awhile ago, but it seems to be tapering off we'll see.  Its such a great chat program I've recommended it to our ARES committee as a good program to pass critical information on.  I was looking yesterday on 14.073, heard some Oliva so I had a great QSO with a fellow in California.  I've been on V4 in the midst of Oliva and it doesn't seem to bother at all.
      Leo
      kf7oni
      Whitefish, Mt.
    • WD9DUI
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 24, 2012
        Stations seen/connected today,  VE7FEM, KF7ONI, WB6JFH

        On to 40M tonight???

        Gary