Announcing CAT590: Generating and Monitoring TS-590S CAT Commands and Responses

  • Ian Wade G3NRW
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2012
      I recently needed a simple tool to create and monitor TS-590S CAT
      control commands and responses. The result was CAT590.

      CAT590 is a diagnostic program that lets you send TS-590S computer
      control commands from the PC to the radio, then monitors the responses
      from the radio. CAT590 is an Excel VBA program, and requires Excel to
      run.

      The program is very easy to use. After connecting the program to the
      radio, you simply enter a CAT command (for example, "FA;" to read the
      VFO-A frequency), then click on the "Send Command" button to send the
      command to the radio. The response from the radio (for example,
      "FA00007124000;") then appears.

      To download the CAT590 program and associated documentation, go to the
      "TS-590S Resources Page":

      http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wadei/ts-590s.htm

      Click on the red "CAT950" button. A short description of the program
      will appear, together with links for the software and documentation.

      Ian, G3NRW

      The TS-590S Resources Page:
      http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wadei/ts-590s.htm

      The TS-990S Resources Page:
      http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wadei/ts-990.htm

    • Box SixteenHundred
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2012
        I had written a similar program for my TS-870S 5-6 years ago.

        I then wired up a sharp IR detector to an Arduino microprocessor and
        now use an old TV remote to control my radio from my recliner in
        the other room.

        A word of warning.

        Be very careful using tools like these.

        Entering an incorrect code or command or writing to the wrong eeprom
        location can cause the radio to be bricked.

        73 - Bill KA8VIT