Remove CQs from ADIF Log

  • w4wxa
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 15, 2012
      I am wondering if there is any interest in a program
      to remove cqs from the .adi file generated by the V4 Chat
      program? I can develop one, and plan to do so for my own
      use. But, I would like to have someone else to try it
      along with me as I work on it.
      Any volunteers?
      73 de Tom, W4WXA
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 15, 2012
        Tom,

        If you can accurately describe for me what you want purged and why I may be able to do this automatically in the source code for the V4 ADIF logging.  If possible send me a log sample (as an attachment) to rmuething@....

        Rick KN6KB

        I am wondering if there is any interest in a program
        to remove cqs from the .adi file generated by the V4 Chat
        program? I can develop one, and plan to do so for my own
        use. But, I would like to have someone else to try it
        along with me as I work on it.
        Any volunteers?
        73 de Tom, W4WXA

        No virus found in this message.

      • Glenn L. Roeser
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 15, 2012
          Hi Rick,
          I would like to be able to export the log to DXkeeper (logging program) or to be able to sign it and upload it to LOTW.
          Unfortunately LOTW does not recognize V4chat as one of the modes that it counts as a QSO. If the file had only Call/UTC/QTH/QRG/RSQ/Grid it may be able to be exported.
          Very 73 to all, Glenn WB2LMV
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 15, 2012
            Glenn,

            V4 is an accepted and enumerated mode in the 3.0.2 release of the ADIF spec  http://www.adif.org/adif302.htm#Mode%20Enumeration     (V4Chat is not used as a mode in the log...V4Chat is the program that provides the user interface to the V4 TNC which implements the V4 Protocol ).

            It seems to me a more appropriate request would be to have DXkeeper and/or LOTW update to the new ADIF 3.0.2  spec (which then should recognize V4) rather than to have V4 Chat strip the mode enumeration out of its V4Chat ADIF log that is ADIF 3.0.2 compliant.

            Rick KN6KB

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 15, 2012
              All,

              I worked up a quick option in the setup to optionally suppress the CQ logging. I sent this to Tom to evaluate. If OK I’ll post as an update.
              Note the mode V4 is now included in ADIF 3.0.2. as one of the enumerated modes.

              Rick KN6KB

              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 15, 2012

                >>>AA6YQ comments below

                V4 is an accepted and enumerated mode in the 3.0.2 release of the ADIF spec  http://www.adif.org/adif302.htm#Mode%20Enumeration     (V4Chat is not used as a mode in the log...V4Chat is the program that provides the user interface to the V4 TNC which implements the V4 Protocol ).

                It seems to me a more appropriate request would be to have DXkeeper and/or LOTW update to the new ADIF 3.0.2  spec (which then should recognize V4) rather than to have V4 Chat strip the mode enumeration out of its V4Chat ADIF log that is ADIF 3.0.2 compliant.

                >>>DXKeeper can be configured to include V4 in its Mode selector; see

                >>>Until LotW supports V4 directly, this mode should be "mapped" to DATA, as described in

                    73,

                        Dave, AA6YQ

                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 15, 2012
                  Thanks Dave.  I am adding an option to the V4 Chat program to suppress the CQ logging.  Now in testing.

                  Rick KN6KB

                  Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2012 4:17 PM

                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 15, 2012
                    >>>AA6YQ comments below

                    Thanks Dave. I am adding an option to the V4 Chat program to suppress the CQ logging. Now in testing.

                    >>>DXKeeper will ignore (for award-tracking purposes) any QSO whose callsign is preceded with a ! This allows ops to record CQs and other non-QSO transmissions if desired. As long as you're adding options...

                    73,

                    Dave, AA6YQ

                    <http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Configuration.htm#Defining or Eliminating Modes>

                    >>>Until LotW supports V4 directly, this mode should be "mapped" to DATA, as described in

                    <http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/LotWModeMapping>

                    73,

                    Dave, AA6YQ

                    Rick KN6KB

                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 15, 2012
                      Thanks Dave, and I agree with Rick, it seems to me all the other digital modes are accepted by LOTW they should have V4 as an accepted mode too.
                      Very 73 to all, Glenn WB2LMV
                    • Dave AA6YQ
                      Message 10 of 10 , Aug 15, 2012
                        >>>AA6YQ comments below

                        Thanks Dave, and I agree with Rick, it seems to me all the other digital
                        modes are accepted by LOTW they should have V4 as an accepted mode too.

                        >>>As I've previously posted, V4 QSOs can be uploaded to LotW by configuring
                        TQSL to map the mode V4 to DATA.