Re: [V4Protocol] Calling CQ in V4 ARQ on 14073

  • Sander Pool
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 11, 2012
      I installed V4 and tuned to 14073. As soon as V4 got control over the
      radio it switched to VFO A which was on a different frequency. No
      matter, I switched back to B. Now the TNC shows the wrong dial frequency
      but I don't think that matters much.

      Anyway, I listened for a while and called CQ, usinf 40W. I'll leave it
      running for a while longer.

      Sander W1SOP FN31FG

    • dk3cw@xyz.de
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 11, 2012

        Hi Sander,

        if you realy hearing me, that would be nice. I´m using only 5 W QRP Power on a end fed longwire. Currently, the condx are not so good on 20m based on my JT65 propagation studies this afternoon.

        I will send repeated ARQ calls in the next few hours.

        vy 73 de Jakob DK3CW

        EmComm referee Frankfurt / Main (Germany)
        ARDF-unit Hessen
        www.mydarc.de/dk3cw

        When All Else Fails, Ham Radio Works

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 11, 2012
          I seem to have a problem with my tuner, bands that tuned yesterday won't
          tune now. Maybe the rain we just had detuned my antenna. Will try again
          later.

          Sander W1SOP

          On 8/11/2012 11:53 AM, dk3cw@... wrote:

          > Calling CQ in V4 ARQ on 14073

        • Sander Pool
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 11, 2012
            Hi Jakob,

            my tuner problems were easily fixed by restarting my TS-2000 and
            tightening all antenna connections. I'm not sure yet what the root cause
            was but it's working again.

            I just called you with a 14073 dial frequency, 14074.5 CF, using 40W.
            Doing trans atlantic V4 on 5W would be great but from what little I know
            about it that's not likely to work. TJ65 is a different story of course :-)

            Sander W1SOP