Re: [V4Protocol] Re: LOTW

  • Glenn L. Roeser
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 8, 2012
      Hello James,
      That's exactly right! Thank you explaining this. I also tried to upload the file to eQSL and I saw all my CQs were part of the file. That certainly won't stop me from using and enjoying this mode. I wonder James, do you know which frequency is used for V4 Chat on 30 meters? I tried both 10.131 and 10.136 but I'm not sure which is the most popular. I did see a signal on 10.136 last night but no matter what I did I could not decode it. I was thinking could that have been Winmor?
      Thanks again, very 73 Glenn

      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 8, 2012
        Thanks again James. I will set my V4 contacts to DATA on LOTW. I did see that eQSL has V4 Chat listed as one of the acceptable modes.

        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 9, 2012
          Glenn,

          There was a suggesting at one point to use 10.135, but I'm not really sure what people are using now.

          73 de NF8I,

          ~James

          --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn L. Roeser" <hillbillietrace@...> wrote:

          > Hello James,
          > That's exactly right! Thank you explaining this. I also tried to upload the file to eQSL and I saw all my CQs were part of the file. That certainly won't stop me from using and enjoying this mode. I wonder James, do you know which frequency is used for V4 Chat on 30 meters? I tried both 10.131 and 10.136 but I'm not sure which is the most popular. I did see a signal on 10.136 last night but no matter what I did I could not decode it. I was thinking could that have been Winmor?
          > Thanks again, very 73 Glenn
        • Glenn L. Roeser
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 9, 2012
            Thanks James,
            I have been calling on 10.136 and 10.131 in the evening, but no contacts yet. I have had some success on 14.073 but the conditions have been very poor.
            I was told that the mode is gaining in popularity, so there should be more of a chance as time goes on.
            Very 73, Glenn WB2LMV

            There was a suggesting at one point to use 10.135, but I'm not really sure what people are using now.

            73 de NF8I,

            ~James

            --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn L. Roeser" <hillbillietrace@...> wrote:

            > Hello James,
            > That's exactly right! Thank you explaining this. I also tried to upload the file to eQSL and I saw all my CQs were part of the file. That certainly won't stop me from using and enjoying this mode. I wonder James, do you know which frequency is used for V4 Chat on 30 meters? I tried both 10.131 and 10.136 but I'm not sure which is the most popular. I did see a signal on 10.136 last night but no matter what I did I could not decode it. I was thinking could that have been Winmor?
            > Thanks again, very 73 Glenn

          • WD9DUI
            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 10, 2012

              Back from vacation... connect to N1Cl but no data... will be on and off tonight...
              Gary WD9DUI
            • Chris Long
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 10, 2012
                Yes, Gary, I could see your text perfectly, but my end would not transfer the text in my outgoing buffer. I may have too much latency on this end.

                Chris N1CL

                --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "WD9DUI" <wd9dui@...> wrote:

                > Back from vacation... connect to N1Cl but no data... will be on and off tonight...
                > Gary WD9DUI

              • WD9DUI
                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 10, 2012
                  thanks for the call, you were the mystery person! hi hi
                  see you later..
                  73
                  Gary

                  Sent: Friday, August 10, 2012 5:20 PM
                  Subject: [V4Protocol] Re: 14073

                  Yes, Gary, I could see your text perfectly, but my end would not transfer the text in my outgoing buffer. I may have too much latency on this end.

                  Chris N1CL

                  --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "WD9DUI" <wd9dui@...> wrote:

                  > Back from vacation... connect to N1Cl but no
                  data... will be on and off tonight...
                  > Gary
                  WD9DUI

                  <*> Your email settings:
                      Individual Email | Traditional

                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                      (Yahoo! ID required)

                  <*> To change settings via email:
                      V4Protocol-digest@yahoogroups.com
                      V4Protocol-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                • WD9DUI
                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 10, 2012
                    Looking for contacts on 40M tonight, 7073.
                    Gary WD9DUI
                  • WD9DUI
                    Message 9 of 17 , Aug 12, 2012
                      will be on 14073...

                      From: WD9DUI
                    • VE2HAR
                      Message 10 of 17 , Feb 17, 2013
                        Hi Glenn,
                        I would like to have a sked on 30 meter for V4 mode.
                        Please let me know.
                        73 Bob, VE2HAR

                        --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn L. Roeser" <hillbillietrace@...> wrote:

                        > Thanks James,
                        > I have been calling on 10.136 and 10.131 in the evening, but no contacts yet. I have had some success on 14.073 but the conditions have been very poor.
                        > I was told that the mode is gaining in popularity, so there should be more of a chance as time goes on.
                        > Very 73, Glenn WB2LMV
                        >

                        > >________________________________

                      • Ron Wenig
                        Message 11 of 17 , Feb 17, 2013
                          Bob,

                          I'm on 10.136, dial frequency, usb.

                          73, Ron ny3j

                          --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn L. Roeser" wrote:

                          > Thanks James,
                          > I have been calling on 10.136 and 10.131 in the evening, but no contacts yet. I have had some success on 14.073 but the conditions have been very poor.
                          > I was told that the mode is gaining in popularity, so there should be more of a chance as time goes on.
                          > Very 73, Glenn WB2LMV
                          >

                          > >________________________________

                        • ON2AD
                          Message 12 of 17 , Feb 17, 2013
                            Nothing to hear, because strong CW signal from IK3NWX/BEACON
                            Sri..

                            73 de Pat ON2AD

                            --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, Ron Wenig <rwenig@...> wrote:

                            > Bob,
                            >
                            > I'm on 10.136, dial frequency, usb.
                            >
                            > 73, Ron ny3j
                            >
                            > On 2/17/2013 8:14 AM, VE2HAR wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Hi Glenn,
                            > > I would like to have a sked on 30 meter for V4 mode.
                            > > Please let me know.
                            > > 73 Bob, VE2HAR
                            > >
                            > > --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
                            > > <mailto:V4Protocol%40yahoogroups.com>, "Glenn L. Roeser" wrote:
                            > > >
                            > > > Thanks James,
                            > > > I have been calling on 10.136 and 10.131 in the evening, but no
                            > > contacts yet. I have had some success on 14.073 but the conditions
                            > > have been very poor.
                            > > > I was told that the mode is gaining in popularity, so there should
                            > > be more of a chance as time goes on.
                            > > > Very 73, Glenn WB2LMV

                          • Ron Wenig
                            Message 13 of 17 , Feb 17, 2013
                              Thanks Pat.  I guess the band is closed because I don't hear IK3NWX or anything else.

                              73, Ron ny3j

                              --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, Ron Wenig wrote:

                              > Bob,
                              >
                              > I'm on 10.136, dial frequency, usb.
                              >
                              > 73, Ron ny3j
                              >
                              > On 2/17/2013 8:14 AM, VE2HAR wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Hi Glenn,
                              > > I would like to have a sked on 30 meter for V4 mode.
                              > > Please let me know.
                              > > 73 Bob, VE2HAR
                              > >
                              > > --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
                              > > , "Glenn L. Roeser" wrote:
                              > > >
                              > > > Thanks James,
                              > > > I have been calling on 10.136 and 10.131 in the evening, but no
                              > > contacts yet. I have had some success on 14.073 but the conditions
                              > > have been very poor.
                              > > > I was told that the mode is gaining in popularity, so there should
                              > > be more of a chance as time goes on.
                              > > > Very 73, Glenn WB2LMV

                            • Tom DF5JL
                              Message 14 of 17 , Feb 17, 2013
                                Concerning to IARU Region 1 rules digital modes are specified from
                                10.140 to 10.150 kHz. Therefore 10.143 kHz would be much better and free
                                of any beacon or stations using cw. Pat, you'll find me @10.143 and
                                14.073 in V4chat mostly at weekends. But send me a mail for an
                                appointment if you like (et zijn 125 km tuissen onsere QTHs, ik denk dat
                                de 40m band optimaal wil werken. En 80m band antenna heb ik met end van
                                04/2013).

                                IARU is discussing to harmonize the 30m band in region 1, 2 and 3,
                                because 10 MHz allows "interregional" traffic at day and night.

                                73, tot ziens de tom df5jl