Re: LOTW

  • james_nf8i
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 8, 2012
      The ADIF file created by V4 has a lot of extraneous data, including "logs" for every time you call CQ. This is probably what is causing TQSL trouble.

      You will probably need to edit the ADIF in another program to remove all of the non-QSO data. I use HRD Logbook for all of my logging, and it has the ability to upload to LoTW from within the logbook itself (no need to use TQSL or go to the LoTW website). You can also try ADIF Master (http://www.dxshell.com/adif-master.html) to just view and edit ADIF files.

      Hope this helps!

      73 de NF8I,

      ~James

      --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "DigitalHillbilly" <hillbillietrace@...> wrote:

      > Hello All,
      > I made my first QSO using V4 Chat. I would like to upload the QSO to LOTW but I keep getting invalid callsign errors. I am trying to upload the .adi file created by the program. Any advice on this?
      > Very 73, Glenn WB2LMV

    • james_nf8i
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 8, 2012
        While we're on the subject of LoTW and V4, you will probably want to set TQSL to change V4 to DATA when signing your ADIF file. LoTW doesn't recognize V4 as a valid mode.

        In TQSL, select "File", "Preferences...", "ADIF Modes". Select "Add..." to add a new mapping. Type V4 into the box, then select DATA from the list of modes.

        This will result in LoTW getting your V4 contacts as a generic "DATA" mode contact. It's not as pretty, but LoTW treats all digital modes as "DATA" anyway for QSL purposes. (See here for info on how LoTW matches QSLs: https://p1k.arrl.org/lotwuser/faq#datamatch)

        73 de NF8I,

        ~James

        --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "james_nf8i" <nf8i@...> wrote:

        > The ADIF file created by V4 has a lot of extraneous data, including "logs" for every time you call CQ. This is probably what is causing TQSL trouble.
        >
        > You will probably need to edit the ADIF in another program to remove all of the non-QSO data. I use HRD Logbook for all of my logging, and it has the ability to upload to LoTW from within the logbook itself (no need to use TQSL or go to the LoTW website). You can also try ADIF Master (http://www.dxshell.com/adif-master.html) to just view and edit ADIF files.
        >
        > Hope this helps!
        >
        > 73 de NF8I,
        >
        > ~James
        >
        > --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "DigitalHillbilly" <hillbillietrace@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hello All,
        > > I made my first QSO using V4 Chat. I would like to upload the QSO to LOTW but I keep getting invalid callsign errors. I am trying to upload the .adi file created by the program. Any advice on this?
        > > Very 73, Glenn WB2LMV

      • Glenn L. Roeser
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 8, 2012
          Hello James,
          That's exactly right! Thank you explaining this. I also tried to upload the file to eQSL and I saw all my CQs were part of the file. That certainly won't stop me from using and enjoying this mode. I wonder James, do you know which frequency is used for V4 Chat on 30 meters? I tried both 10.131 and 10.136 but I'm not sure which is the most popular. I did see a signal on 10.136 last night but no matter what I did I could not decode it. I was thinking could that have been Winmor?
          Thanks again, very 73 Glenn

          The ADIF file created by V4 has a lot of extraneous data, including "logs" for every time you call CQ. This is probably what is causing TQSL trouble.

          You will probably need to edit the ADIF in another program to remove all of the non-QSO data. I use HRD Logbook for all of my logging, and it has the ability to upload to LoTW from within the logbook itself (no need to use TQSL or go to the LoTW website). You can also try ADIF Master (http://www.dxshell.com/adif-master.html) to just view and edit ADIF files.

          Hope this helps!

          73 de NF8I,

          ~James

          --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "DigitalHillbilly" <hillbillietrace@...> wrote:

          > Hello All,
          > I made my first QSO using V4 Chat. I would like to upload the QSO to LOTW but I keep getting invalid callsign errors. I am trying to upload the .adi file created by the program. Any advice on this?
          > Very 73, Glenn WB2LMV

        • Glenn L. Roeser
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 8, 2012
            Thanks again James. I will set my V4 contacts to DATA on LOTW. I did see that eQSL has V4 Chat listed as one of the acceptable modes.

            While we're on the subject of LoTW and V4, you will probably want to set TQSL to change V4 to DATA when signing your ADIF file. LoTW doesn't recognize V4 as a valid mode.

            In TQSL, select "File", "Preferences...", "ADIF Modes". Select "Add..." to add a new mapping. Type V4 into the box, then select DATA from the list of modes.

            This will result in LoTW getting your V4 contacts as a generic "DATA" mode contact. It's not as pretty, but LoTW treats all digital modes as "DATA" anyway for QSL purposes. (See here for info on how LoTW matches QSLs: https://p1k.arrl.org/lotwuser/faq#datamatch)

            73 de NF8I,

            ~James

            --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "james_nf8i" <nf8i@...> wrote:

            > The ADIF file created by V4 has a lot of extraneous data, including "logs" for every time you call CQ. This is probably what is causing TQSL trouble.
            >
            > You will probably need to edit the ADIF in another program to remove all of the non-QSO data. I use HRD Logbook for all of my logging, and it has the ability to upload to LoTW from within the logbook itself (no need to use TQSL or go to the LoTW website). You can also try ADIF Master (http://www.dxshell.com/adif-master.html) to just view and edit ADIF files.
            >
            > Hope this helps!
            >
            > 73 de NF8I,
            >
            > ~James
            >
            > --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "DigitalHillbilly" <hillbillietrace@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hello All,
            > > I made my first QSO using V4 Chat. I would like to upload the QSO to LOTW but I keep getting invalid callsign errors. I am trying to upload the .adi file created by the program. Any advice on this?
            > > Very 73, Glenn WB2LMV

          • james_nf8i
            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 9, 2012
              Glenn,

              There was a suggesting at one point to use 10.135, but I'm not really sure what people are using now.

              73 de NF8I,

              ~James

              --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn L. Roeser" <hillbillietrace@...> wrote:

              > Hello James,
              > That's exactly right! Thank you explaining this. I also tried to upload the file to eQSL and I saw all my CQs were part of the file. That certainly won't stop me from using and enjoying this mode. I wonder James, do you know which frequency is used for V4 Chat on 30 meters? I tried both 10.131 and 10.136 but I'm not sure which is the most popular. I did see a signal on 10.136 last night but no matter what I did I could not decode it. I was thinking could that have been Winmor?
              > Thanks again, very 73 Glenn
            • Glenn L. Roeser
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 9, 2012
                Thanks James,
                I have been calling on 10.136 and 10.131 in the evening, but no contacts yet. I have had some success on 14.073 but the conditions have been very poor.
                I was told that the mode is gaining in popularity, so there should be more of a chance as time goes on.
                Very 73, Glenn WB2LMV

                There was a suggesting at one point to use 10.135, but I'm not really sure what people are using now.

                73 de NF8I,

                ~James

                --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn L. Roeser" <hillbillietrace@...> wrote:

                > Hello James,
                > That's exactly right! Thank you explaining this. I also tried to upload the file to eQSL and I saw all my CQs were part of the file. That certainly won't stop me from using and enjoying this mode. I wonder James, do you know which frequency is used for V4 Chat on 30 meters? I tried both 10.131 and 10.136 but I'm not sure which is the most popular. I did see a signal on 10.136 last night but no matter what I did I could not decode it. I was thinking could that have been Winmor?
                > Thanks again, very 73 Glenn

              • WD9DUI
                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 10, 2012

                  Back from vacation... connect to N1Cl but no data... will be on and off tonight...
                  Gary WD9DUI
                • Chris Long
                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 10, 2012
                    Yes, Gary, I could see your text perfectly, but my end would not transfer the text in my outgoing buffer. I may have too much latency on this end.

                    Chris N1CL

                    --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "WD9DUI" <wd9dui@...> wrote:

                    > Back from vacation... connect to N1Cl but no data... will be on and off tonight...
                    > Gary WD9DUI

                  • WD9DUI
                    Message 9 of 17 , Aug 10, 2012
                      thanks for the call, you were the mystery person! hi hi
                      see you later..
                      73
                      Gary

                      Sent: Friday, August 10, 2012 5:20 PM
                      Subject: [V4Protocol] Re: 14073

                      Yes, Gary, I could see your text perfectly, but my end would not transfer the text in my outgoing buffer. I may have too much latency on this end.

                      Chris N1CL

                      --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "WD9DUI" <wd9dui@...> wrote:

                      > Back from vacation... connect to N1Cl but no
                      data... will be on and off tonight...
                      > Gary
                      WD9DUI

                      <*> Your email settings:
                          Individual Email | Traditional

                      <*> To change settings online go to:
                          (Yahoo! ID required)

                      <*> To change settings via email:
                          V4Protocol-digest@yahoogroups.com
                          V4Protocol-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                    • WD9DUI
                      Message 10 of 17 , Aug 10, 2012
                        Looking for contacts on 40M tonight, 7073.
                        Gary WD9DUI
                      • WD9DUI
                        Message 11 of 17 , Aug 12, 2012
                          will be on 14073...

                          From: WD9DUI
                        • VE2HAR
                          Message 12 of 17 , Feb 17, 2013
                            Hi Glenn,
                            I would like to have a sked on 30 meter for V4 mode.
                            Please let me know.
                            73 Bob, VE2HAR

                            --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn L. Roeser" <hillbillietrace@...> wrote:

                            > Thanks James,
                            > I have been calling on 10.136 and 10.131 in the evening, but no contacts yet. I have had some success on 14.073 but the conditions have been very poor.
                            > I was told that the mode is gaining in popularity, so there should be more of a chance as time goes on.
                            > Very 73, Glenn WB2LMV
                            >

                            > >________________________________

                          • Ron Wenig
                            Message 13 of 17 , Feb 17, 2013
                              Bob,

                              I'm on 10.136, dial frequency, usb.

                              73, Ron ny3j

                              --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn L. Roeser" wrote:

                              > Thanks James,
                              > I have been calling on 10.136 and 10.131 in the evening, but no contacts yet. I have had some success on 14.073 but the conditions have been very poor.
                              > I was told that the mode is gaining in popularity, so there should be more of a chance as time goes on.
                              > Very 73, Glenn WB2LMV
                              >

                              > >________________________________

                            • ON2AD
                              Message 14 of 17 , Feb 17, 2013
                                Nothing to hear, because strong CW signal from IK3NWX/BEACON
                                Sri..

                                73 de Pat ON2AD

                                --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, Ron Wenig <rwenig@...> wrote:

                                > Bob,
                                >
                                > I'm on 10.136, dial frequency, usb.
                                >
                                > 73, Ron ny3j
                                >
                                > On 2/17/2013 8:14 AM, VE2HAR wrote:
                                > >
                                > > Hi Glenn,
                                > > I would like to have a sked on 30 meter for V4 mode.
                                > > Please let me know.
                                > > 73 Bob, VE2HAR
                                > >
                                > > --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
                                > > <mailto:V4Protocol%40yahoogroups.com>, "Glenn L. Roeser" wrote:
                                > > >
                                > > > Thanks James,
                                > > > I have been calling on 10.136 and 10.131 in the evening, but no
                                > > contacts yet. I have had some success on 14.073 but the conditions
                                > > have been very poor.
                                > > > I was told that the mode is gaining in popularity, so there should
                                > > be more of a chance as time goes on.
                                > > > Very 73, Glenn WB2LMV

                              • Ron Wenig
                                Message 15 of 17 , Feb 17, 2013
                                  Thanks Pat.  I guess the band is closed because I don't hear IK3NWX or anything else.

                                  73, Ron ny3j

                                  --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, Ron Wenig wrote:

                                  > Bob,
                                  >
                                  > I'm on 10.136, dial frequency, usb.
                                  >
                                  > 73, Ron ny3j
                                  >
                                  > On 2/17/2013 8:14 AM, VE2HAR wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Hi Glenn,
                                  > > I would like to have a sked on 30 meter for V4 mode.
                                  > > Please let me know.
                                  > > 73 Bob, VE2HAR
                                  > >
                                  > > --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
                                  > > , "Glenn L. Roeser" wrote:
                                  > > >
                                  > > > Thanks James,
                                  > > > I have been calling on 10.136 and 10.131 in the evening, but no
                                  > > contacts yet. I have had some success on 14.073 but the conditions
                                  > > have been very poor.
                                  > > > I was told that the mode is gaining in popularity, so there should
                                  > > be more of a chance as time goes on.
                                  > > > Very 73, Glenn WB2LMV

                                • Tom DF5JL
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Feb 17, 2013
                                    Concerning to IARU Region 1 rules digital modes are specified from
                                    10.140 to 10.150 kHz. Therefore 10.143 kHz would be much better and free
                                    of any beacon or stations using cw. Pat, you'll find me @10.143 and
                                    14.073 in V4chat mostly at weekends. But send me a mail for an
                                    appointment if you like (et zijn 125 km tuissen onsere QTHs, ik denk dat
                                    de 40m band optimaal wil werken. En 80m band antenna heb ik met end van
                                    04/2013).

                                    IARU is discussing to harmonize the 30m band in region 1, 2 and 3,
                                    because 10 MHz allows "interregional" traffic at day and night.

                                    73, tot ziens de tom df5jl