Ooops!

  • BrianW
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 26 1:13 PM
      Sorry Kirk K6KAR. Wish this mode had a chat facility like ROS Hi!. Apparently I have just been connected to you on 14.073, but didn't know how to respond, or what I was sending to you automatically so had to requested disconnect before I tied your station up or something. I was starting out with FEC mode only for now as only just set up today. Need to gen up on ARQ now.

      Brian
    • Kirk, K6KAR
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 26 1:52 PM

        Hi Brian,

        As you’re probably aware, here in the US, ROS is not yet a legal mode to use.  I still use it on occasion. HI.

        We did connect but propagation didn’t work for us.  You don’t ever have to send a disconnect as tying up my or any station isn’t a consideration.  With V4, I rarely use FEC.  With ARQ all you have to do is respond to the message and then it becomes a back and forth QSO.  Hopefully, we can have a solid QSO in the near future.  At least we tried!!

        73,

        Kirk, K6KAR

        Niceville, FL

        Sorry Kirk K6KAR. Wish this mode had a chat facility like ROS Hi!. Apparently I have just been connected to you on 14.073, but didn't know how to respond, or what I was sending to you automatically so had to requested disconnect before I tied your station up or something. I was starting out with FEC mode only for now as only just set up today. Need to gen up on ARQ now.

        Brian

      • Brian Walker
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 26 2:14 PM
          Ok Kirk thanks. I did respond with hello to your own, but my station sent so many packets that I panicked. I thought I was stuck in some sort of loop Hi!. I guess it was just trying for an acknowledgment.  Obviously much harder than the vhf packet I used many moons ago. I'll try again tomorrow evening.  It's 22:13 here so packing it in for today. Cheers, and 73 for now.  Forgot about the ROS being a no no by the way.  Shame!

          Brian g0hdi
          New Forest, Hampshire