Only one CQ call at a time

  • Ian Wade G3NRW
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 20, 2012
      Running 1.0.4.0

      When calling CQ, most times V4 Chat will call only once. Then it makes
      no more calls, even though the channel is clear. Finally I have to Abort
      the call.

      But very occasionally it will call many times in succession as expected
      (I didn't count how many) and then terminate with the CW ID.

      Have I missed a setting somewhere?

      Ian, G3NRW
    • Rick Westerfield

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 20, 2012
          From: Rick Westerfield <r_lwesterfield@...>
          Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 Time: 15:38:18

          >My guess would be RF getting into the system. See what happens when
          >you transmit into a 50 ohm dummy load - you will know for sure then.
          >Rick KH2DF

          Rick

          That was my first thought as well, but I don't have any problems with
          any other package. I tried dropping the power to 5w into a dummy load,
          but it's just the same.

          Ian, G3NRW