Available on 20m (14071.5 USB, 14073 CF)

  • Sander Pool
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 13, 2012
      Hi,

      I would like to give V4 a try. At the moment I only have a 20m antenna
      so I'm available on 14071.5 USB, 14073 CF unless you have a different
      frequency to suggest. Searching the archive suggested that was the
      preferred 20m spot but maybe I misinterpreted what I read.

      I'll leave my radio/computer running today while I work and check a few
      times. If you'd like to have a chat session feel free to send me email
      off-line or here. My grid is FN31FG, CT-USA. Rig is a TS-2000 fed to a
      not so good dipole but I had a PSK31 QSO with Caracas last night so it's
      not totally bad.

      73,

      Sander W1SOP
    • Fred - w1wyc
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 13, 2012
        Hi Sander,

        You want 14073.000 as Dial, 14074.500 is CF.
        That is the typical watering hole frequency.
        I'm sitting on 14074.5 Mhz CF right now.

        Fred, W1WYC, FN42jm

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 18, 2012
          Hi Fred,

          sorry for my late reply and thanks for jumping in when I posted. I
          forgot my V4 group settings were set to digest so I didn't get your
          reply till the next day.

          I will try this again soon and use the frequency settings you list below.

          73,

          Sander W1SOP

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 18, 2012
            Hi Sander,

            I wish there was more activity on V4. I will usually leave my rig on 14073 dial when I'm not there except for today. We had severe t-storms just pass through.

            GL & 73,
            Fred, W1WYC, FN42jm