V4 Chat 1.0.4.0 Auto Update

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 23, 2012
      All,

      I have uploaded the Latest V4 Chat 1.0.4.0 to the auto update server.  This continues to use the V4 TNC version 1.0.2.0 (they are different programs). The help is also updated.

      Note: A necessary change in the ini file will require resetting the values in your Radio setup.
      Click File, Setup  from the main form.  Click the Radio Setup button. Enter in the required parameters.  The Internal Tuner check box now works OK for Kenwood radios. If you don’t remember what your setups were you can open up the V4Chat.ini file with note pad, word or word pad and look in the section “[V4 Chat]” (note space between “V4” and “Chat”  and that will contain your old radio settings (now no longer used).  Sorry for this inconvenience ... this fix was needed.     The new radio settings will be saved in the “[Radio]” section of the V4Chat.ini file.

      The full install is available from the Yahoo V4Protocol group files section and also from  ftp://autoupdate.winlink.org/User%20Programs/

      V4 Chat Revision History

      Date:        Rev    Change Summary

      June 22, 2012    1.0.4.0    Release (no changes from 1.0.3.2)

      June 21, 2012    1.0.3.2 Corrected problem with Radio loosing antenna tuner enable (check box)
                  Changed ini section for radio settings to "[Radio]" was using "[V4 Chat]" and confusing with "V4Chat"

      June 20, 2012    1.0.3.1    Added enmMuxState to Radio to enable save and restore of Mux state for TS-590S, IC-7200, IC-7600 radios
                  Changed TS-590S frequency readback to Display read back ("IF" command) to enable Memory recall operation.
                  Added Radio.ReadMuxState and Radio.RestoreMuxState for TS-590S, IC-7200, IC-7600

      June 18, 2012    1.0.3.0    Fixed Radio driver for TS-590S including PTT, Antenna, and tuner control.
                  Updated Help
    • Lee Swanson
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 24, 2012
        Rick, I notice that when sending CQ that it now sends out the CQ a total of 12 times before returning to receive.  As I recall, it used to send 6 times.  What are the chances of adding a box in the "SETUP" menu so that we can select the number of times that the CQ is sent out?   This really is not such a big deal.  I can just as easily click on the ABORT tab and stop it anytime I desire.  Was just a thought....  Other than that, The latest version of V4Chat runs GREAT.  Ever since you made the change to v.5.2.0 the program has run very well and I continue to have awesome chats lasting in excess of 45 minutes with little or no additional retries.  Oh and one other thing, there have been a few of us who have experienced the waterfall freezing up in the tnc display which forces us to restart the program and after that, it works fine.  Does not happen very often.  At this point I would guess that maybe I might have too many programs running in ram at the same time.   STILL A GREAT LITTLE PROGRAM....Nothing but fun....
        Lee NR5G

        To: V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 24, 2012
          Lee,

          Thanks for the feedback.

          The “freezing” of the waterfall is a graphics problem. It only appears with some graphic chip sets.  Biggest problem is it does not normally throw any exception and therefore can not be captured by the software.  Look at the exceptions log or unhandled exceptions log. If you see entries there around the time of the freeze send the logs to me as attachments.

          Other possible solutions:
          1) Update the graphics driver on you computer. This has fixed a number of installations in V4Chat and WINMOR.
          2) Turn off the waterfall (radio button on the V4 TNC form) and see if that makes a difference. That turns off all waterfall graphics processing.

          Certainly the CQ/Call can be made variable but the reason I lengthened it was to allow a longer call which can still be aborted (with automatic ID).  I think it is easier to set it long and abort (one click) than to continually fiddle with it in a setup menu.

          Rick KN6KB

          Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2012 4:26 PM
          Subject: RE: [V4Protocol] V4 Chat 1.0.4.0 Auto Update

          To: V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com