V4 Chat update 1.0.4.0

  • kn6kb
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2012
      All,

      I will post today a full install for V4Chat to 1.0.4.0 This will correct some problmes with radio control on some radios (Kenwood using tuners). It required making a change in the way the ini file radio data is saved and that will require re setting the parameters in your Radio control setup file of V4Chat.

      My suggestion is to make a backup copy of your V4Chat.ini file and if you can't remember how to set up the Radio check this. It will be in the section labled [V4 Chat] note the space between V4 and Chat)

      You can use these settings to enter the new Radio menu values which will be saved in a new "[Radio] section of the V4Chat.ini file. Use the menus to make updates do NOT try to edit the ini file.

      Sorry for this inconvenience but it is the best time to clean up this error.

      I will also post an auto update and by chance if that occurs you can always go into the V4Chat.ini file and look at the old (and now unused) "[V4 Chat]" section to see the values you had in the previous setup.

      Example of "V4 Chat" section of V4Chat.ini file that holds the radio control info...this will no longer be by V4Chat bebeginning 1.0.4.0

      [V4 Chat]
      Antenna Baud=9600
      PTT Baud=19200
      Control Baud=115200