Re: [V4Protocol] Neat Program!

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 9 4:31 AM
      Bill,
      Thanks for your feedback.
      I will try and answer some of your questions. The program has been pretty stable for the past several months and I am still currently tied up on some other tasks unless there are serious problems or issues.

      1) Every QSO should go into the ADIF log. If you need an ADIF log viewer there are some recommended in the Help file.

      2) The TS-2000 should work but mine is currently tied up so I can’t verify here.  How are you keying the TS-2000. There have been reports of problems of using program PTT (via the control port) with the TS-2000.

      3) We use this reflector to co ordinate “watering hole” frequencies.  I would suggest posting to the reflector when you are going to be operating and choose a frequency in the digital band segment (not in the wide band auto forward segment) and posting on the reflector.

      4) The waterfall is a fixed size so it matches (Pixel for FFT frequency bin) the program to minimize CPU loading. It would be complex and cause artifacts to allow it to be scaled. There is no need to tune precisely as with other modes. If you are within about a hundred Hz V4 will auto tune. You can increase the auto tuning range from +/- 100 Hz to +/- 200 Hz in the setup menu.

      5) The CQ length is currently fixed as a good compromise between getting a connection and causing unnecessary interference.  I can look into making it variable if others believe that is a useful thing.  The program however is designed to be “manned” and not run unattended.

      Thanks again for the feedback. I hope to have some time this summer to crank in some more capability and improve the performance of the V4 Protocol.