Re: [V4Protocol] How about a YouTube demo?

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 25, 2012
      Almost any modern computer and radio should run V4CHat and the V4 TNC.  Slow “switching” is almost always caused by:
      1) SignaLink USB or similar sound card/interface with the DLY set too long.  Should ALWAYS be set to minimum for V4 and WINMOR
      2) Using your radio’s VOX with its Delay or “Hold” control set too high. Again set to minimum as the help file describes.

      The Latency is automatically measured by the program when you call a CQ or other station.  Any latency measurement under 250 ms will be fine.

      Many newcomers to V4 are not familiar with ARQ modes and how the “link” is turned over.  Its fairly simple and described in the V4 Chat help.

      I will always try and answer questions but I am pretty swamped right now on another project. Hopefully will have time this summer to work on some V4 enahancements.

      73,

      Rick Muething, KN6KB (V4, WINMOR  Author)