Error message from WIN7

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 18, 2012
      Hi, a buddy has got the file, accepted by Norton and Norman, but his WIN7 sais:"this file appears to be harmful to your computer and is therefore blocked".

      He tells me that it doesn't help lowering level on his firewall and shield either.

      So far he has not told me more about details.

      I have XP Home at home, and have no problem. I am unfamiliar with WIN7

      Any ideas?

      73. Finn/LA7UM
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 19, 2012
        In WIN7 files that are potentially dangerous (.exe, .zip, etc) that are received by email are set by properties to be save.  You simply go in and change the properties that allow them to be opened (eg. for zip files).

        Rick KN6KB

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 19, 2012
          Thanks Rick. I'll forward the answer, and then there will be a new V4 User from LA, + probably also RMS E/Winmor. A TS TS590 owner. 73 Finn/LA7UM

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 19, 2012
            Rick. I have sent ur workaround to my local friend la8en. No joy. Same issue. Ur workaround did not work. He has now: W7 ultimate wich gives no property changing options according to him.
            New ideas? He has just gone from XP and Vista to WIN7 Ultimate. 73 de LA7UM Finn.

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 20, 2012
              Finn,

              He is not looking at or reading about permissions in Win 7

              This should apply to all Win 7 versions I believe.

              On the zip file as received via email.

              1) Save the file to a working area ...some scratch directory.
              2) Bring up the file explorer and right click on the zip file and select properties
              3) The properties window should have 4 tabs  General, Security, Details, Previous Versions
              4) On the General tab if the file has been blocked at the bottom is a Security notice:
                  “This file came from another computer and might be blocked to protect this computer”
              Click on the Unblock button. Then Apply and OK This will remove the block and permit unzipping.

              Rick

              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 20, 2012
                Rick. Your 4 point directions made wonders. Thanks. Next step..puh is getting him download RMS Express as well, and try reseach towards the unmentioned TS590.

                I find IC 7200 in setup (as we use in RMS WINMOR) mentioned, but not the Kenwood TS590 and not IC 7600 either. But I have heard about other norwegians running WINMOR on both those two rigs without any external SignaLink, so it probably works equally well with the the other similar radios and also on V4.

                My guess is just download driver from Kenwood web site, like from Icom web site.

                Then name the rig Kenwood, and look out for some added USB CODEC?

                73 Finn/LA7UM