Announcing the 160m Band Utilization Chart - 26 Jan 2012

  • Ian Wade G3NRW
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 26, 2012
      Announcing the 160m Band Utilization Chart - 26 Jan 2012, at:

      http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wadei/160m_band_utilization.htm

      The "160m Band Utilization Chart" is exactly that. It is not a
      "bandplan", nor even an "unofficial bandplan". Rather, it is an attempt
      to graphically portray the modes that are actually in use on 160m today.

      The chart does not tell you where people *should* operate. It tells you
      where people actually *do* operate.

      Although the essence of the chart is to show actual use of the band, the
      bandplans for each of the three IARU Regions are also included for
      reference, as they differ significantly in some respects between the
      regions.

      There is a clear distinction on the chart between dial frequencies and
      emitted frequencies, helping you to accurately set the correct frequency
      and to identify signals as they appear on the waterfall.

      This release is very sparse, and I know it could do with improvement.
      Please study it carefully, and if you spot any errors or omissions,
      please let me know as soon as possible, to

      mailto: g3nrw-radio@...

      In particular, I would like to know details of any other digital
      activity on the band (including MT63, Throb, Hell, Olivia, MFSK16 etc).
      And V4, of course!

      If you are interested in digital operation on 160, you should join the
      new Top Band Digital Group (TBD160) to keep up to date with current
      thinking:

      And if your preference is for 30m operation, there is a similar chart
      at:

      Ian, G3NRW

      The 160m Band Utilization Chart:
      http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wadei/160m_band_utilization.htm

      The Top Band Digital Group (TBD160):

      The 30m Band Utilization Chart:
    • Peter Z.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 28, 2012
        Ian,

        mni thanks!

        Looking at the charts, plus realising that they are "as is" and not "should be" charts, it dawned on me how much effort, dedication and how many hours must have gone into them!

        Extremely valuable!

        Being a less than casual digital op, I can´t much contribute to keeping them up to date, I´m afraid.

        Let´s hope that V4 will stand out from the charts, sooner or later!

        Cheers, 73, Peter Z.