Re: Is there a LINUX version ?

  • kc2axu
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 21, 2012
      I to would love to hear someone came out with a version for linux. I hate having to switch computers and radios every time I want to go from FLdigi to V-4, both are great programs. My problem is that my main shack computer is a Dell Optiplex SX-280 running Ubuntu 11.04 which beats MS Windows for speed and versatility & speed... So having a V-4 program for Linux would be the cats meow...

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 22, 2012
        Dave,

        I am willing to work with any serious Linux developer by sharing the VB.NET 2010 source and helping with development questions.  What is needed however is committed (I would estimate about 3-6 man months required if the programmer can read the VB.NET and has some DSP experience). But another important requirement is a commitment for on-going support which is never trivial on these complex evolving DSP programs.

        I don’t have the time or Linux experience to do the Linux port myself but I am willing to help, and encourage.

        Rick KN6KB, Author of V4 and WINMOR

        --- In mailto:V4Protocol%40yahoogroups.com, "g3zxx" <g3zxx@...> wrote:

        > Hi Rick,

        Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

        > I look forward to
        reading that someone with significantly more skills than I have, having taken up the challenge, at some point.

        > If anyone does take on the task,
        I'd be more than happy to get involved with any testing that may be needed.

        > Cheers & 73's
        > Dave, G3ZXX.

        No virus found in this message.