Re: [V4Protocol] Re: Calling CQ

  • Tomas Hood
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 30, 2011
      Well, I have egg on my face; I am sure, now, that my newby status is in plain evidence.  My receive audio level, while great for all other modes, was not in the green for the V4 modem.  It was just under.  So, I am increasing my receive audio to place it about 1/3 in the green.  Now I just await someone on 14.073 whith whom I can make a QSO.

      Thank you for such simple and timely help.

      On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 10:43 AM, Rick Muething <rmuething@...> wrote:

      Your AGC should be fast to medium and the signal level on the V4 TNC receive level indicator should be “in the green”.

      --
      Tomas David Hood (Amateur Radio, NW7US)
      <http://NW7US.us/>

      Contributing editor, Propagation Column:
       CQ Magazine, CQ VHF, Popular Communications

      Space Weather: <http://sunspotwatch.com/>

      Twitter Space WX : @hfradiospacewx
      Twitter NW7US : @NW7US