Re: [V4Protocol] 30m - where?

  • Tomas Hood
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 9, 2011
      Ian:

      Later, today, I will switch back to 20m ( I can only use 30m and 20m, due to antenna and RFI issues ).  What is the 20m frequency used to V4?  I monitored all evening on 30m and did not see anything.  I still don't know if I should be in ARQ or FEC mode when monitoring.

      Thanks.

      On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 11:04 PM, Ian Wade G3NRW <g3nrw-radio@...> wrote:

      Tomas

      The two frequencies usually used on 30m for V4 are 10.131 MHz and 10.136
      MHz. These are dial frequencies, USB.

      --
      Tomas David Hood (Amateur Radio, NW7US)
      <http://NW7US.us/>

      Contributing editor, Propagation Column:
       CQ Magazine, CQ VHF, Popular Communications

      Space Weather: <http://sunspotwatch.com/>

      Twitter Space WX : @hfradiospacewx
      Twitter NW7US : @NW7US

      Linux User #32405 - Since 1996

    • siegfried.jackstien
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 10, 2011
        Nost people use arq cause there are absolutely no faults (like in packet ...
        if receiving was bad packet is requested again)
        If YOU wanna make a cq call click on "arq call" in the chat window
        And then on "make cq call" ...
        If on the other hand you receive a station in monitor mode and wanna call
        that station ... then you type in the others call-sign in the window that
        opens after clicking on arq call
        On 20 most used qrg is 14073 (as far as I know)
        And you should go on k3uk sked page to find other users
        Greetz
        Dg9bfc
        Sigi

        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 10, 2011
          Thomas,

          As described in the HELP the monitoring (when unconnected) functions of V4Chat  are exactly the same in FEC and ARQ modes.  Once connected (ARQ mode) monitoring is disabled and only connected (error free/corrected) data is displayed.  For most users seeking and using 2 way (as opposed to NET operation) ARQ mode is easier since it requires no mode switching to monitor or connect.

          Rick KN6KB