Re: [V4Protocol] 30m - where?

  • Ed Woods WD9DVA
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 9, 2011
      or 10136 131 gets hammered with becons and cw. Ed WD9DVA
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 9, 2011
        From: Tomas Hood <nw7us.heliophile@...>
        Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 Time: 17:38:12

        >I am on 30m this evening and would like to try out this mode; I as of
        >yet have not had any contacts. Where on 30m should I be and should I
        >be in ARQ mode? I'm so new to this!
        >
        >Thanks...

        Tomas

        The two frequencies usually used on 30m for V4 are 10.131 MHz and 10.136
        MHz. These are dial frequencies, USB.

        There are some beacons that operate around these frequencies, but they
        are far enough away from the V4 signal not to cause any problems.

        See the 30m Band Utilization Chart at:

        Click on "Download the latest PDF version......" for the full picture.

        Ian, G3NRW

        The 30m Band Utilization Chart:
      • Tomas Hood
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 9, 2011
          Ian:

          Later, today, I will switch back to 20m ( I can only use 30m and 20m, due to antenna and RFI issues ).  What is the 20m frequency used to V4?  I monitored all evening on 30m and did not see anything.  I still don't know if I should be in ARQ or FEC mode when monitoring.

          Thanks.

          --
          Tomas David Hood (Amateur Radio, NW7US)
          <http://NW7US.us/>

          Contributing editor, Propagation Column:
           CQ Magazine, CQ VHF, Popular Communications

          Space Weather: <http://sunspotwatch.com/>

          Twitter Space WX : @hfradiospacewx
          Twitter NW7US : @NW7US

          Linux User #32405 - Since 1996

        • siegfried.jackstien
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 10, 2011
            Nost people use arq cause there are absolutely no faults (like in packet ...
            if receiving was bad packet is requested again)
            If YOU wanna make a cq call click on "arq call" in the chat window
            And then on "make cq call" ...
            If on the other hand you receive a station in monitor mode and wanna call
            that station ... then you type in the others call-sign in the window that
            opens after clicking on arq call
            On 20 most used qrg is 14073 (as far as I know)
            And you should go on k3uk sked page to find other users
            Greetz
            Dg9bfc
            Sigi

            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 10, 2011
              Thomas,

              As described in the HELP the monitoring (when unconnected) functions of V4Chat  are exactly the same in FEC and ARQ modes.  Once connected (ARQ mode) monitoring is disabled and only connected (error free/corrected) data is displayed.  For most users seeking and using 2 way (as opposed to NET operation) ARQ mode is easier since it requires no mode switching to monitor or connect.

              Rick KN6KB