Re: [V4Protocol] 30m - where?

  • Tomas Hood
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 9, 2011
      Also - since I am diving in here... I have some questions.

      I assume that I should be in USB.  I assume that when you say to be at 10.131, that is my DIAL frequency.  That the program will default to the proper place (10.13250, or as it is displaying, CF: 10132.500).

      It is in ARQ mode by default.  Do I just stay in that mode?  I've never found another signal to decode, so I am not sure what to do.

      Thanks.

      On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 5:41 PM, Dick Lamberson <w4web@...> wrote:

      try 10131khz - i'm on there or will be in about two minutes - maybe you can hear me.
      73
      Dick, W4WEB
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 9, 2011
        or 10136 131 gets hammered with becons and cw. Ed WD9DVA

        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 9, 2011
          From: Tomas Hood <nw7us.heliophile@...>
          Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 Time: 17:38:12

          >I am on 30m this evening and would like to try out this mode; I as of
          >yet have not had any contacts. Where on 30m should I be and should I
          >be in ARQ mode? I'm so new to this!
          >
          >Thanks...

          Tomas

          The two frequencies usually used on 30m for V4 are 10.131 MHz and 10.136
          MHz. These are dial frequencies, USB.

          There are some beacons that operate around these frequencies, but they
          are far enough away from the V4 signal not to cause any problems.

          See the 30m Band Utilization Chart at:

          Click on "Download the latest PDF version......" for the full picture.

          Ian, G3NRW

          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 9, 2011
            Ian:

            Later, today, I will switch back to 20m ( I can only use 30m and 20m, due to antenna and RFI issues ).  What is the 20m frequency used to V4?  I monitored all evening on 30m and did not see anything.  I still don't know if I should be in ARQ or FEC mode when monitoring.

            Thanks.

            On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 11:04 PM, Ian Wade G3NRW <g3nrw-radio@...> wrote:

            Tomas

            The two frequencies usually used on 30m for V4 are 10.131 MHz and 10.136
            MHz. These are dial frequencies, USB.

            --
            Tomas David Hood (Amateur Radio, NW7US)
            <http://NW7US.us/>

            Contributing editor, Propagation Column:
             CQ Magazine, CQ VHF, Popular Communications

            Space Weather: <http://sunspotwatch.com/>

            Twitter Space WX : @hfradiospacewx
            Twitter NW7US : @NW7US

            Linux User #32405 - Since 1996

          • siegfried.jackstien
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 10, 2011
              Nost people use arq cause there are absolutely no faults (like in packet ...
              if receiving was bad packet is requested again)
              If YOU wanna make a cq call click on "arq call" in the chat window
              And then on "make cq call" ...
              If on the other hand you receive a station in monitor mode and wanna call
              that station ... then you type in the others call-sign in the window that
              opens after clicking on arq call
              On 20 most used qrg is 14073 (as far as I know)
              And you should go on k3uk sked page to find other users
              Greetz
              Dg9bfc
              Sigi

              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 10, 2011
                Thomas,

                As described in the HELP the monitoring (when unconnected) functions of V4Chat  are exactly the same in FEC and ARQ modes.  Once connected (ARQ mode) monitoring is disabled and only connected (error free/corrected) data is displayed.  For most users seeking and using 2 way (as opposed to NET operation) ARQ mode is easier since it requires no mode switching to monitor or connect.

                Rick KN6KB