Re: [V4Protocol] Re: V4Chat contest on 10 meters 28073khz dial ?

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 15, 2011
      Robert,
      Trying to interpret sent text is probably a very slippery slope!...
      In the next release however I am going to include a simple automatic send/receive/capture of the Grid squares for each side. These will automatically go into the ADIF log file.  This is something that is simple, standardized (e.g. EL98 or EL98pf) and independent of language.

      Rick

      Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2011 1:22 PM
      Subject: [V4Protocol] Re: V4Chat contest on 10 meters 28073khz dial ?

      <<< ...the program can’t determine the name from the text.>>>

      Hmmmm.... just a thought... usually the sender says "my name is"
      After that sentence the following word is his/her "name"... software could read that and highlight that word to be included into the log...
      I could be wrong...

      Thank you for your work Rick...
      Robert V31AE

      --- In mailto:V4Protocol%40yahoogroups.com, "Rick Muething" <rmuething@...> wrote:

      > Robert,
      >
      > I am not sure how much you save by highlighting the name:
      > 1)
      You have to highlight the name ...the program can’t determine the name from the text.
      > 2) You have to right click on the highlighted name ...right
      now you can copy that for pasting.
      > 3) If I provided another right click
      option to "paste name to mini log” it could save 1 mouse click as long as the target location of the paste was assumed.

      > Re: confirmation of
      clear. It can’t be undone...I do not like unconfirmed clearing of things that can’t be undone. And add to that it is not necessary to ever clear the windows...I use it very infrequently here. There have been no other requests to streamline the clear.

      > These things fall into what I call the
      category of personal GUI nits. No two people will agree. If I get lots of requests to change something like this it may be good to do so....but if I for example act on a single request it is likely I will get 5 more that say either “put it back the way it was” or “make it a user selected option” ...the later gets very complicated very quickly. User character sets, user fonts, user colors, user commands etc.

      > My main focus to date has been to
      make the V4 Protocol solid and useable and fairly simple to setup. V4Chat is just one of many possible clients or GUI that could use the V4 TNC and in time I suspect there will be others wishing to develop their own client/servers and GUI using the V4 TNC.

      > Rick KN6KB

      Robert Belize
      > Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2011 12:13 PM
      > To:
      href="mailto:V4Protocol%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:V4Protocol%40yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [V4Protocol] V4Chat contest on 10 meters 28073khz dial
      ?

      > All.....
      >
      > looking forward to that
      event....

      > logbook:
      > Freq, call sign, time is auto
      logged. Thanks Rick!

      > The Name of the qso partner should/could
      be highlighted in the text window and made clickable, to be included into the log.
      > Right now you have to cut and paste..
      > Clearing the text
      windows could be one click only! its easier..Right now it's asking "are you sure"

      > Any comment?
      > 73'
      > Robert
      V31AE