How to clear a popup message.

  • kirkharding@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 13, 2011
      I had to rebuild a computer and once I loaded V4 and re-placed my user information, everything worked great. The only thing is that each time I execute V4 I get this popup message that says. "An email will be cent to Register your call Registration in the V4 Registration data base." How do I get rid of this popup?

      Thanks,

      Kirk, K6KAR
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 13, 2011
        Kirk,

        You probably don’t have a default email client installed or selected on the computer.

        You can clear it with this:
        1) Shut down V4Chat
        2) Find the V4 TNC.ini file (not the V4Chat.ini file) it is in the V4Chat directory.
        3) Open the file with any text editor program. Note pad, word pad  etc.
        4) If there is a line in the file that reads:
            “Registration Email Sent=False”
        change it to
            “Registration Email Sent=True”
        5) If there is no line referencing the above simply add the line:
            “Registration Email Sent=True”  (no quotes of course)
        6) Save the ini file back.
        7) If you have registered the program and have a registration key make sure you make a back up copy or write the key down. It is a time consuming process to recover it if you loose it.

        Rick KN6KB

        Sent: Sunday, November 13, 2011 3:42 PM
        Subject: [V4Protocol] How to clear a popup message.