Active frequencies

  • John Elliott
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2011

      RegardsCan I confirm that the accepted frequencies for operation are
      3073 14073 21073 28073 ??.

      Anybody monitoring any of those frequencies on a regular basis ??. Would like to have a go a long haul HF.

      John Elliott
      VK3CVF

    • Stan Kozlowitz
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2011
        John, The 80-mtr frequency in the US would be 3573 kHz (not 3073).  The US amateur 80-mtr band starts at 3500 kHz for Extra class licensees.  The General and Advanced class allocation is from 3525 to 3600 kHz.

        3073 is probably a military frequency with some MARS (Military Auxiliary Radio System) activity.

        3573 kHz would be a good freq for VK-land also.  I think you had a typo in your message, and you actually meant 3573 kHz.

        Good luck with V4Chat.  It is a fun mode.

        Stan Kozlowitz
        aa5xo@...
        aa5xo@...
        NNN0YSD@...

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2011
          Hi All

          Regards this statement

          <<<<< 3573 kHz would be a good freq for VK-land also. I think you had a
          typo
          <<<<< in your message, and you actually meant 3573 kHz.

          http://www.wia.org.au/members/bandplans/data/
          and at bottom of page look a
          Australian Band Plans 111008.pdf
          Read Note 2 - 3620 to 3640 kHz is the digital
          area in VK for 80m band

          Les VK2DSG

          On Wed, 02 Nov 2011 21:00:34 +1100, Stan Kozlowitz <aa5xo@...>
          wrote:

          > John, The 80-mtr frequency in the US would be 3573 kHz (not 3073). The
          > US amateur 80-mtr band starts at 3500 kHz for Extra class licensees.
          > The General and Advanced class allocation is from 3525 to 3600 kHz.
          >

          > 3073 is probably a military frequency with some MARS (Military Auxiliary
          > Radio System) activity.
          >

          > Good luck with V4Chat. It is a fun mode.
          >
          > Stan Kozlowitz
          > aa5xo@...
          > aa5xo@...
          > NNN0YSD@...
          >

          > ________________________________

        • Stan Kozlowitz
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 3, 2011
            Les, thanks for the correction.  I did not think about sub-band allocations.  Man, that's not a lot of room for digital!!!

            Stan Kozlowitz
            aa5xo@...
            aa5xo@...
            NNN0YSD@...

            304-613-5375

            wrote:

            > John, The 80-mtr frequency in the US would be 3573 kHz (not 3073).  The
            > US amateur 80-mtr band starts at 3500 kHz for Extra class licensees.
            > The General and Advanced class allocation is from 3525 to 3600 kHz.
            >

            > 3073 is probably a military frequency with some
            MARS (Military Auxiliary
            > Radio System) activity.
            >

            > Good luck with V4Chat.  It is a fun mode.
            >
            >  Stan Kozlowitz
            > aa5xo@...
            > aa5xo@...
            > NNN0YSD@...