Re: Dot Net Oops

  • jhhaynes@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2011
      --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, jhhaynes@... wrote:

      > Due to a sad occurrence I've had to rebuild my WinXP system. When
      > I went to install V4Chat again it said I need .NET 3.5. I followed
      > the link to get that and what it leads to is .NET 4 Which I
      > installed but V4Chat doesn't seem to buy.

      Well then I saw the C:\V4Chat directory is still there, so I went
      into it and clicked on the setup icon. And it opened a window
      saying it was installing .NET 3.5 Framework SP1 but the progress
      bar never moved. Another window opened saying Please wait while
      setup configures the components, but also a progress bar that
      never moves.
    • Matthew VK3EVL

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2011
          Well after I went away for a while and came back it had installed
          V4Chat, and the ControlPanel->Add or Remove Programs shows that
          .NET 3.5 is there. (Along with .NET 4)

          So the only real problem is that the installer seems to lead you to
          the wrong place at Microsoft if it thinks you need to install .NET 3.5
        • Rick Westerfield