A minor Flex problem

  • kirkharding@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 21 1:52 PM
      Rick,

      When using V4, I utilize the DIGU function built into Flex s/w. One thing I've noticed is as soon as you place the mouse cursor in the waterfall (as an example, to adjust frequency), DIGU will immediately cause the Flex (a Flex-5000), to change to the USB function. I've confirmed this with a couple of other Flex radio users who report the same anomolly. It's not a big problem but something you should be aware of.

      Kirk, K6KAR
      Niceville, FL
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 21 1:55 PM
        Kirk,
        Yes I noticed this too.  It means having to go and make special code for Flex vs others. Not impossible just busy work.  I would like to keep the customization of commands minimized....you can never please everyone and allowing setup options gets very messy. I’ll put it on the list.

        Rick KN6KB

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 22 5:18 AM
          I do not have that problem with the Flex 3000. Note: I am using the PWSDR software v2.2.3.

          Ted, WB2LOU

          Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2011 4:52 PM

          --
          You cannot change history, but you can make history !
          Education is the only legal cure for Ignorance. The Stupidity of many is incurable.

        • K6KAR
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 22 5:35 AM

            Ted,

            Interesting.  I not only see this problem on my 5000 but also on my 3000 and 1500 as well.  Just assumed the problem is an anomaly between V4 and PWSDR.  I also use PWSDR vs 2.2.3.

            Kirk

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 22 5:44 AM
              Well I am thinking there some flaky things in PWSDR. What I forgot say was that after upgrading V4 I discovered that the Frequency Memory data in my Flex 3000 was wiped out. I do not fault V4. I think I can recover from an older Flex database.

              Ted, WB2LOU