V4 Blank Screen on RX. Anyone else run into this issue?

  • ham
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 7, 2011
      PROBLEM DESCRIPTION
      If the RX window fills up, you hit the SCROLL LOCK and then RIGHT CLICK to clear the window, the RX window does not display text any more. All other functions work, just no display. This problem seems new as of 0.5.0.2 Problem not reproducible 100% of the time. Log entries all appear normal.

      ENVIROMENT:
      XP PRO + all current MS patches

      Anyone else run into this issue?

      73, Bernie
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 8, 2011
        Bernie,
        I’m not sure I follow your conditions. I’ll play with it more later today.
        The RX windows never really “fills up” it has an almost unlimited buffer it just scrolls.  The scroll lock button only activates if you have scrolled and another buffer holds incoming data until you release the scroll lock (Click the scroll lock button) . Normally you don’t need to ever clear the buffer (right click) unless for some reason you want a “clean slate”.

        Rick KN6KB

      • ham
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 8, 2011
          ----------------------------SNIP--------------------------------------
          Normally you don’t need to ever clear the buffer (right click) unless for some reason you want a “clean slate”.

          > Rick KN6KB

          ----------------------------SNIP---------------------------------------

          OK Rick, thanks for clearing up the use of the (right click) function.

          It appears that once you clear the buffer (right click), no more RX text appears in the RX window. I'll experiment some more and see if I can reproduce 100% of the time.

          All other functions of V4 Chat work 100% in my setup.

          Bernie.
        • Robert
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 9, 2011
            I noticed the same thing with mine. (latest version)
            Right click to clear the receive window and then I never get any more text.

            Bob, N7ZO.

            --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "ham" <ve3fwf@...> wrote:

            > ----------------------------SNIP--------------------------------------
            > Normally you don’t need to ever clear the buffer (right click) unless for some reason you want a “clean slate”.
            > >
            > > Rick KN6KB

            > OK Rick, thanks for clearing up the use of the (right click) function.
            >
            > It appears that once you clear the buffer (right click), no more RX text appears in the RX window. I'll experiment some more and see if I can reproduce 100% of the time.
            >
            > All other functions of V4 Chat work 100% in my setup.
            >

            > Bernie.

          • ham
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 9, 2011
              I am glad that someone else has run into the same problem. I am using Windows XP Pro here with all the latest MS patches including up-to-date .NET code.

              The workaround, for now, is not use <right click> until Rick can figure out how to solve this low priority issue.

              Bernie