V4Chat 0.5.3.0 uploaded to Yahoo FTP site

  • kn6kb
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 5 12:20 PM
      All,

      I am still working on an unresolved issue with auto updates but I wanted to get this interim update posted.

      This includes all operational updates to V4Chat and the V4TNC. You will also see now a check box option in V4Chat setup for enabling Auto update (default = enabled). Depending on how the issue is resolved with auto update it still may be necessary to do a full install again on the next release. I need to talk to one of the other Winlink developers to resolve this.

      You may also notice slightly different (approx 20 ms longer) latency measurements but this is primarily due to the measurement scheme and some efforts to minimize CPU loading. Any values near 250 ms or less are fine and the program SHOULD work for values up to about 300 ms. I am doing testing on the Flex 3000 and showing latency measurements in the 180 - 230 ms range with the settings suggested in the Help.

      You will have to uninstall your existing V4Chat and re install using the new Zip file but no settings should be lost.

      There are some changes in this that should reduce some CPU loading which may improve operation on slower computers.

      As usual if you have a problem note the UTC time, describe the problem and send me (directly as attachments) the V4TNC Debug log, main V4 Log and any exception logs.

      73,

      Rick KN6KB Direct email: rmuethingATcfl.rr.com
    • Steinar Aanesland
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 6 1:25 PM
        Hi

        Radio control function doesn't seem to work in the new version.

        I am using an IC 756 pro II with this setup:

        -Icom address 6E
        -digital USB
        -COM1 19200 baud

        Settings have no effect on the radio.

        LA5VNA Steinar

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 6 2:52 PM
          Nothing was changed in that section. Anyone else having Radio control issues?  If so what radios work/don’t.  I don’t have any Icom’s here to test with.

          Rick KN6KB
        • Steinar Aanesland
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 6 3:08 PM
            Ok.

            Bay the way , the RMS Ekspress 1.1.1.3 with Winmor TNC ver 1.4.0.0 works
            fine with the same setup.

            LA5VNA Steinar

            On 06.09.2011 23:52, Rick Muething wrote:
            > Nothing was changed in that section. Anyone else having Radio control
            issues? If so what radios work/don’t. I don’t have any Icom’s here to
            test with.

            > Rick KN6KB
          • Fred G -w1wyc
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 6 3:13 PM

              FT-920 works fine here with latest software.....

              Fred, W1WYC

              Nothing was changed in that section. Anyone else having Radio control issues?  If so what radios work/don’t.  I don’t have any Icom’s here to test with.

              Rick KN6KB

            • G4AIU
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 7 2:46 AM

                Hi Rick,

                Both my Yaesu radios – FT-847 and FT-857 - work with V4Chat 0.5.3.0,  and also worked with all previous versions.

                Eugene / G4AIU