Re: [V4Protocol] Heard in VK - KO1CB

    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 5, 2011
      Paul/All,

      There is no additional room in the CQ or Connect request for things like Date/time.  The frame just now correctly contains both compressed call signs (including – ssid).  Plus I don’t see any advantage of sending the date/time with the CQ. Any station receiving the CQ or Call already has the UTC time (from the PC Clock adjusted for UTC) and can simply log the time of the decoded CQ or Call sign. In fact as I mentioned this is already done in the log file. Every item on the session screen is logged to the main V4Chat log with the UTC Time/date.  I will look into displaying the decode time of the CQ or Call on the session window for convenience. Right now I am trying to get the damn Autoupdate to work correctly!

      Rick KN6KB

      Sent: Saturday, September 03, 2011 10:24 PM
      Subject: Re: [V4Protocol] Heard in VK - KO1CB

      Hi Rick,

      Also, when I got home last night, N0LWF was logged at 8:51 UTC with CQ call.

      Fred, W1WYC - Yes, Like Rick mentioned - and I did look at the LOG file
      and noted the UTC times - and I was definitely not around at that time...

      Ron ny3j - Yes, that would work, but I was thinking of a system that put it
      automatically into the CQ call, from the PC clock. I think Rick is looking
      into it...

      Robert V31AE - Thanks Robert - 5 UTC is in 4.5 hours ( 3pm local time) -
      so Ill try to be here (Its Fathers Day here) - the system will be in ARQ,
      so you can get a link in any case.....Only 14.073 though.

      >Paul,
      >
      >The
      CQ timing and all log info is ALWAYS logged in UTC under the main
      >log. I
      will try and put in the UTC time on the display window...just
      >don’t
      want to get it too cluttered up.

      >Rick

      I also have some good signals coming from the States on 40, so 7073 around
      14:00 UTC - and as I am just getting home from work at that time
      (Midnight), I often have a listen.

      This Z (Zulu) or UTC seems to be giving grief - The same thing.

      '73, and looking for some contacts...

      Paul Whitaker.
      VK3DPW