Re: Change in latency measurement in v 5.2?

  • SV1UY
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5, 2011
      Same at this end Curt,

      I guess it was a bug in the V4CHAT TNC and Rick fixed it. I use a QuadCore PC here and I had latency of 250 mS before v5.2.2. The same was happening with WINMOR TNC and was corrected the same time.

      Now with the new version I have a latency of 20-30 mS most of the time. I do not know now if I can believe this latency counter in both V4chat and WINMOR.

      Well these are problems that occur when you rely on the PC's soundcard and O/S for the generation of the protocol and not in an external hardware TNC/MODEM/CONTROLLER.
      You get what you pay for!

      73 de Demetre SV1UY