Success !

  • Paul Whitaker
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 4, 2011
      Hi all,
      Quick report - Had a great contact with AE6LA - Ken, last night about 13:51
      to 14:21 UTC on 7073.
      Not much signal, but fine copy, repeats only when sig fading.

      Working very well.

      Monitoring 14073 around 05:00 UTC, and 7073 around 14:00 UTC.
      My system is left running most of the day/evening on ARQ, so stations can
      get a connect even if Im not at the radio.

      Cheers

      Paul Whitaker.
      VK3DPW
    • SV1UY
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 5, 2011
        Same at this end Curt,

        I guess it was a bug in the V4CHAT TNC and Rick fixed it. I use a QuadCore PC here and I had latency of 250 mS before v5.2.2. The same was happening with WINMOR TNC and was corrected the same time.

        Now with the new version I have a latency of 20-30 mS most of the time. I do not know now if I can believe this latency counter in both V4chat and WINMOR.

        Well these are problems that occur when you rely on the PC's soundcard and O/S for the generation of the protocol and not in an external hardware TNC/MODEM/CONTROLLER.
        You get what you pay for!

        73 de Demetre SV1UY