Re: [V4Protocol] Heard in VK - KO1CB

  • Paul Whitaker
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 3, 2011
      Hi Rick,

      Also, when I got home last night, N0LWF was logged at 8:51 UTC with CQ call.

      Fred, W1WYC - Yes, Like Rick mentioned - and I did look at the LOG file
      and noted the UTC times - and I was definitely not around at that time...

      Ron ny3j - Yes, that would work, but I was thinking of a system that put it
      automatically into the CQ call, from the PC clock. I think Rick is looking
      into it...

      Robert V31AE - Thanks Robert - 5 UTC is in 4.5 hours ( 3pm local time) -
      so Ill try to be here (Its Fathers Day here) - the system will be in ARQ,
      so you can get a link in any case.....Only 14.073 though.

      >Paul,
      >
      >The CQ timing and all log info is ALWAYS logged in UTC under the main
      >log. I will try and put in the UTC time on the display window...just
      >don’t want to get it too cluttered up.
      >
      >Rick

      I also have some good signals coming from the States on 40, so 7073 around
      14:00 UTC - and as I am just getting home from work at that time
      (Midnight), I often have a listen.

      This Z (Zulu) or UTC seems to be giving grief - The same thing.

      '73, and looking for some contacts...

      Paul Whitaker.
      VK3DPW
    • Robert Belize
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 3, 2011
        Paul. I tried ARQ, it connected to your station, but no flow of data...I don't know why exactly but could be just the long delay between us. My change over time here is 10 or 20 ms max..could be just the long distance. Anyway I also put out some data in fec mode. should be all recorded and in your log files..
        rst was no reading on the meter but it connected easy...
        73
        Robert V31AE

        --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, Paul Whitaker <dromana@...> wrote:

        > Hi Rick,
        >
        > Also, when I got home last night, N0LWF was logged at 8:51 UTC with CQ call.
        >
        > Fred, W1WYC - Yes, Like Rick mentioned - and I did look at the LOG file
        > and noted the UTC times - and I was definitely not around at that time...
        >

        > Ron ny3j - Yes, that would work, but I was thinking of a system that put it
        > automatically into the CQ call, from the PC clock. I think Rick is looking
        > into it...
        >

        > Robert V31AE - Thanks Robert - 5 UTC is in 4.5 hours ( 3pm local time) -
        > so Ill try to be here (Its Fathers Day here) - the system will be in ARQ,
        > so you can get a link in any case.....Only 14.073 though.
        >

        > >Paul,
        > >
        > >The CQ timing and all log info is ALWAYS logged in UTC under the main
        > >log. I will try and put in the UTC time on the display window...just
        > >don’t want to get it too cluttered up.
        > >
        > >Rick
        >

        > I also have some good signals coming from the States on 40, so 7073 around
        > 14:00 UTC - and as I am just getting home from work at that time
        > (Midnight), I often have a listen.
        >
        > This Z (Zulu) or UTC seems to be giving grief - The same thing.
        >
        > '73, and looking for some contacts...
        >
        > Paul Whitaker.
        > VK3DPW

      • Paul Whitaker
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 4, 2011
          Hi Robert,
          Yes, all copied the connects, and FEC data. Its all on my screen.
          Unfortunately, I got home later than I expected, and my Radio/Computer got
          to have all the fun !
          Sounds excellent with the low sig strengths, so looking forward to seeing
          it happen !
          I will have a look around later tonight on 7073, and again on 14073
          tomorrow at 0500 approx UTC.

          And to Ian VK3YEA, county to what has been said elsewhere, this group talks
          in DIAL frequencies.

          Thanks all,

          Paul Whitaker.
          VK3DPW

          At 03:58 PM 04/09/2011, you wrote:

          >Paul. I tried ARQ, it connected to your station, but no flow of data...I
          >don't know why exactly but could be just the long delay between us. My
          >change over time here is 10 or 20 ms max..could be just the long distance.
          >Anyway I also put out some data in fec mode. should be all recorded and in
          >your log files..
          >rst was no reading on the meter but it connected easy...
          >73
          >Robert V31AE
        • Ian Branch
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 4, 2011

            Listened on 14073 from 0500 to 0530 UTC and heard nothing.  Sigh.

            Ian

            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 5, 2011
              Paul/All,

              There is no additional room in the CQ or Connect request for things like Date/time.  The frame just now correctly contains both compressed call signs (including – ssid).  Plus I don’t see any advantage of sending the date/time with the CQ. Any station receiving the CQ or Call already has the UTC time (from the PC Clock adjusted for UTC) and can simply log the time of the decoded CQ or Call sign. In fact as I mentioned this is already done in the log file. Every item on the session screen is logged to the main V4Chat log with the UTC Time/date.  I will look into displaying the decode time of the CQ or Call on the session window for convenience. Right now I am trying to get the damn Autoupdate to work correctly!

              Rick KN6KB

              Sent: Saturday, September 03, 2011 10:24 PM
              Subject: Re: [V4Protocol] Heard in VK - KO1CB