Re: QSO - W8OZY

  • Robert Belize
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 2, 2011
      It is very easy and up to the v4chat client creator, to include the calling qrg's for each band.
      This is my opinion....What is yours?
      Robert V31AE

    • wb0kgn@q.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 2, 2011
        Those using a number of digital modes snuggle up close to the 14.070 psk31 frequency.  Part of that strategy is hoping that they can pull psk31 stations to their preferred mode.  For a new mode like V4chat with its yahoo chat group  this strategy is not necessary.  I would suggest moving above the WSJT favored frequency of 14.073 to about 14.075.   When there is rare dx and during contests, the rtty region of the band is quite busy.  But most of the time it is not.

        Dave wb0kgn

        It is very easy and up to the v4chat client creator, to include the calling qrg's for each band.
        This is my opinion....What is yours?
        Robert V31AE

        --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Bourne" <g3yjq@...> wrote:

        > Hi All.
        >
        > I think we will have to really think about the 14.073 frequency.
        >
        > I just looked at 14.075 and that has Hell, so where?
        >
        > All I have heard all night is Hell and MFSK. V4 not a chance
        >
        > Cheers Fred G3YJQ.

      • John Hirth
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 22, 2011
          The nominal JT65 dial frequency has traditionally been 14.076, although they have been creeping down a bit lately.

          There is no reason we can't operate V4Chat at 500 hz increments upward from 14.073. That would at least give us a few more "channels" to spread out to. I've already heard a few stations just above 14.073 when that frequency is busy.

          Also, V4Chat has some similarities (at least in its intent) to the old Amtor ARQ and FEC. Is there any reason we couldn't TRY the "rtty segment" from 14.078-14.088 dial (about 14.080-090 rtty actual)? Yes, there is rtty there from time to time, but from what I hear in the northeast USA it's not overwhelming, and we should be able to co-exist. I've been a dedicated rtty operator in years past, and I think this might work.

          With this said, there is a lot to be said for a well published frequency or two. I often leave V4Chat listening on 14.073 while I'm doing other work nearby, and jump to the rig when I hear someone call.

          Just some food for thought....

          John W2KI
          -------------

          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 22, 2011
            Sorry, all. I didn't realize I was responding to an "old" message with
            some suggestions for spreading out. For some reason I just got a bunch
            of older messages in my inbox.

            All this has been well covered, I now see. See you all on the bands.

            73 , John W2KI
          • wb0kgn@q.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 22, 2011
              Good to hear from a "dedicated rtty operator" thank you John.   Unless there is a contest or a dx station about, the rtty frequencies are not too busy.   We can't all snuggle up to 14.070

              Dave wb0kgn