Re: [V4Protocol] FLex Radio V4 v 5.2.0

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 25, 2011
      Thanks John,

      Your input much appreciated.  For those that have tried 0.5.2.0 but experienced excessive CPU loading or waterfall freezes (those two MAY be related) I have a test version I will post on the FTP site. This version of the V4 TNC is 0.5.2.2 and uses a slightly different mechanism for the waterfall and constellation update which reduces CPU loading back to about the same as version 0.5.1.0. It also completely eliminates graphic updates when minimized.

      For those with a problem with either the CPU loading (generally anything more than 40-50% is too much)  or with a waterfall “freeze” please download and try this patch version 0.5.2.2.  Simply download the zip file, unzip and replace you current V4 TNC.exe file with the contents of the zip. DO NOT uninstall the current version. You might want to make a back up copy of the current V4 TNC.exe  but I am pretty confident 0.5.2.2 will work.

      I am working on a new update that will include optional auto updating.