Re: [V4Protocol] Re: Noise and functionality

    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 24, 2011
      Dave,
      I really need to see the numbers. They are in the debug log file. Programming is nothing but details!
      5:1 is a big spread but 20 ms and 100 ms is 5:1 and entirely possible. 200ms and 1000 ms would be truly unusual. Make sure your SignaLink DLY is absolute minimum. (CCW) You typically should see a number somewhere like 50-120 ms or so. Actually anything consistently under 250ms  is fine (as I have mentioned before this is a rough test mainly to catch the extremes in setting).  The program does NOT use the measurement at all ...it simply is there to warn the user of a setup or hardware configuration that could cause a problem due to excess latency. You might also check the AGC setting on the TS-2000. Setting it fast may reduce the latency (I haven’t checked that yet but it is affected by AGC speed on some radios)