Re: [V4Protocol] Constelation

  • Ron Werthman
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 22, 2011
      Hopefully contact cleaner has evolved. 20 years ago many types of cleaner was tested but none could beat the pink pearl.

      Sent from my iPod

      On 2011-08-22, at 5:52 PM, Ralph E Bugg <k8hsq5@...> wrote:

      It's not a good idea to clean modern edge connectors with an eraser.  This was a standard technique in the "old days" when the plating was thicker on the connectors and can cause permanent damage to the newer connector contacts.  I recommend a good contact cleaner such as DeoxIT.  This not only cleans the contacts, but also protects against future corrosion.

      Ralph E Bugg K8HSQ

      On 8/22/2011 8:55 AM, David Bastress wrote:
      GM Fred,

      Don't know what kind of connectors are used on the FT-920 boards, but if can get to the fingers or pins run a Pink Pearl erasure across them several times.  I was told this trick by several service folks and have done it myself.  The erasure is just abrasive enough to take the oxide off without damaging the plating on the pins or fingers. :-)

      Dave K3GAU