First Successful V4Chat qso with Ron KK7Z in Gurnee Illinois.

  • Demetrius Panaioti
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2011
      Frequency 14.073 MHz.
      My station: Kenwood TS2000 running abt 50 watts to 135 foot long OCF dipole oriented in the North-South direction. Computer Toshiba laptop with 4 GB memory and duo processor. O/S Vista 64 bit. Interface SignaLink USB outboard soundcard. Lots of split-core ferrites on all leads (the only place there is no ferrite is in my nose hi hi)

      Too many things happening at the same time so I used "canned" messages a lot and may have inserted text before Ron ended his transmissions.

      Connected to KK7Z at 03:24:14Z and disconnected at approx 03:46Z.

      Ron's typing was clear without any brown crossed out garbage until the end of contact.

      Sent a couple of logs to Rick.

      Good show Rick & Co.

      73, Deme, VE7CRT.
    • Demetrius Panaioti
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2011
        Forgot to mention: the qso was in ARQ mode.
        --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "Demetrius Panaioti" <deme@...> wrote:

        > Frequency 14.073 MHz.
        > My station: Kenwood TS2000 running abt 50 watts to 135 foot long OCF dipole oriented in the North-South direction. Computer Toshiba laptop with 4 GB memory and duo processor. O/S Vista 64 bit. Interface SignaLink USB outboard soundcard. Lots of split-core ferrites on all leads (the only place there is no ferrite is in my nose hi hi)
        >
        > Too many things happening at the same time so I used "canned" messages a lot and may have inserted text before Ron ended his transmissions.
        >
        > Connected to KK7Z at 03:24:14Z and disconnected at approx 03:46Z.
        >
        > Ron's typing was clear without any brown crossed out garbage until the end of contact.
        >
        > Sent a couple of logs to Rick.
        >
        > Good show Rick & Co.
        >
        > 73, Deme, VE7CRT.

      • Ron Settle
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 4, 2011

          Deme and I had a great time last night chatting it up on V4.  It was 2 newbs just pounding away on the keyboard! ;-)    The software worked great.  Deme printed without error on my end and from the sounds of things, the only errors in my print were the ones I fat fingered in!!! ;-)  This was also my very first attempt at V4.

          I was running 50Watts into a Cushcraft A3 at 40 feet pointed approximately in his direction.

          Thanks

          73

          Ron

          KK7Z

          Forgot to mention: the qso was in ARQ mode.

          --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "Demetrius Panaioti" <deme@...> wrote:

          > Frequency 14.073 MHz.
          > My station: Kenwood TS2000 running abt 50 watts to 135 foot long OCF dipole oriented in the North-South direction. Computer Toshiba laptop with 4 GB memory and duo processor. O/S Vista 64 bit. Interface SignaLink USB outboard soundcard. Lots of split-core ferrites on all leads (the only place there is no ferrite is in my nose hi hi)
          >
          > Too many things happening at the same time so I used "canned" messages a lot and may have inserted text before Ron ended his transmissions.
          >
          > Connected to KK7Z at 03:24:14Z and disconnected at approx 03:46Z.
          >
          > Ron's typing was clear without any brown crossed out garbage until the end of contact.
          >
          > Sent a couple of logs to Rick.
          >
          > Good show Rick & Co.
          >
          > 73, Deme, VE7CRT.

        • Fred G -w1wyc
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 4, 2011
            Ron,

            Was that ARQ or FEC ???

            Fred, W1WYC, FN42jm

            Forgot to mention: the qso was in ARQ mode.
            --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "Demetrius Panaioti" <deme@...> wrote:

            > Frequency 14.073 MHz.
            > My station: Kenwood TS2000 running abt 50 watts to 135 foot long OCF dipole oriented in the North-South direction. Computer Toshiba laptop with 4 GB memory and duo processor. O/S Vista 64 bit. Interface SignaLink USB outboard soundcard. Lots of split-core ferrites on all leads (the only place there is no ferrite is in my nose hi hi)
            >
            > Too many things happening at the same time so I used "canned" messages a lot and may have inserted text before Ron ended his transmissions.
            >
            > Connected to KK7Z at 03:24:14Z and disconnected at approx 03:46Z.
            >
            > Ron's typing was clear without any brown crossed out garbage until the end of contact.
            >
            > Sent a couple of logs to Rick.
            >
            > Good show Rick & Co.
            >
            > 73, Deme, VE7CRT.

          • Ron Settle