Re: V4 ARQ QRV now 10136

  • Demetrius Panaioti
    Message 1 of 23 , Jul 4, 2011
      ADDITIONAL INFO.
      My versions are: V4Chat 0.3.0.1 and V4 Sound Card TNC 0.3.0.1
      Deme, VE7CRT

      --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "Deme" <deme@...> wrote:

      > I heard responses to my ARQ CQ but no printing. Just brown gibberish with a line through it.
      > On receive frame got V4ARQ CRC Fail on the V4 sound card TNC.
      > When switched to FEC got the following: V4FEC CRC Fail on the V4 Sound Card TNC
      > Received signals were clearly audible. Didn’t look at S meter.
      > Cheers, Deme, VE7CRT. (near Vancouver BC).

    • Matt Zilmer
      Message 2 of 23 , Jul 4, 2011
        Same here.  I just installed the full 0.3.0.1 package, available on the Yahoo group Files section.  I doubt there is any difference between the TNC 0.3.0.1 "patch" and the newly installed program.

        Deme, I copied your connect requests and the program tried to complete the handshake.  After a while, your end gave up and there were no more responses.

        Seems to be some degree of incompatibility or perhaps levels are wrong at one or more stations.  I clearly heard VE7CRT and everything decoded correctly in the TNC.

        73,

        To: V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
        From: deme@...
        Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 16:13:45 +0000
        Subject: [V4Protocol] Re: V4 ARQ QRV now 10136

        Message 3 of 23 , Jul 4, 2011
          All,

          Please remember there are really two programs.  The V4Chat and the V4TNC.  While now they are currently at the same rev 0.3.0.1  they won’t always be so.  The V4 TNC will eventually be used by other programs ...it is the virtual TNC and its updates and revisions are separate from the others. The last release did change some minor things in the V4Chat as well. (read the revision history if interested).

          If you have a problem it is important to follow this procedure. I will repeat once again for all those that are new:

          1) Sync your computer clock to the internet (bring up the clock and click the internet tab) This isn’t perfect but it gets you within a few seconds or so. (This allows me to more easily debug two logs one from each end of the connection).
          2) Be sure you have the V4 TNC debug log enabled (read the help if you don’t know how).
          3) When you have a problem not the time as accurately as possible UTC Time is ALWAYS used. Then describe the problem in some words as clearly as possible.
          4) Send me the V4 TNC debug.log for the date and indicate briefly what your setup is: “Runnning WIN XP with SP1, 1000 MHz Pentium, 512 Meg Ram, SignaLink USB sound card and TS-480 etc”

          Then send the debug log AS AN ATTACHMENT to me:  rmuethingATcfl.rr.com.  If both ends of a problem connection can send me the log it is MUCH better ...I can see both ends...they are time synchronized and logged to 10 ms.

          If you can do this we can make progress... I need to see some things in this last release that have to do with the auto calculation of round trip time that I could not duplicate well with the simulator.

          73 and Happy Fourth!