Skip to search.

Re: [V4Protocol] V4 Version 3

  • Dick Lamberson
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 8, 2011

      No good here - I've followed the instructions to the letter - but unable to complete a decent qso on arq - no problem at all when switching back to fec...
      Dick, W4WEB

      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 8, 2011
        One QSL confirmed contact. KB0E. The rest are partials. some my fault some other guys faults. As Ray said on his card, " things would go better  if we knew what we were doing"

        Frank WA5VCS

        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 8, 2011
          I can connect , but that is all.  No print after a connect and then timeout.  This even with a strong signal.  FEC mode copies okay.  I'm sure this software works great in the path simulators, but just not working for me.  I don't want to give up yet as I think a ARQ chat mode program would be useful.    I tried this on a Ten Tec Jupiter and a Flex 5000A.  I know there are timing issues with a Flex, but I think I have that worked out.  This is with Ver. 3.

          73 John N3WT

          From: W6IDS

            <w6ids@...>

            V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 8, 2011

            Howard,

            Zero here!

            Kirk, K6KAR

            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 8, 2011
              Howard:
              I had a complete (start to end) V4 ARQ contact with Bob, N7DHV, (Florida to Wisconsin) on 6/6/11. We were disconnected a few times for ARQ inactivity timeout which was a bit annoying but were able to reconnect right away and continue the QSO.
              Other than the inactivity timeout, it seemed to go quite well if we kept the pace up.
              73
              Ian
              W4RIR

              Message 6 of 15 , Jun 8, 2011
                Golly and I thought it was me not understanding what I read.....Hmmmm

                Ted, WB2LOU

                --
                You cannot change history, but you can make history !
                Education is the only legal cure for stupidity.

              • W6IDS
                Message 7 of 15 , Jun 8, 2011

                  No, no. . . . I don't thnk so because I'm having difficulty as well.  We
                  can connect fine in FEC,  but have yet to have an actual successful
                  ARQ  connect and complete communication session..

                  NR5G and I  keep getting timeouts, amongst other things. I only
                  mention HIM because I don't know if he'll respond to the initial inquiry.

                  ARQ is good for the soul and will have a positive effect on the overall
                  U.S. economy when it's perfected in V4.  I love Pactor ARQ so I am
                  assuming I will also have a high regard for  V4 as well - the FEC works
                  splendidly under noisy 40 meter conditions.

                  Howard W6IDS
                  Richmond, IN EM79NV

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jun 8, 2011

                    Howard, have had two successful contacts this afternoon lasting several minutes in ARQ and all worked very well.  Didn’t want to hog the frequency so cut them a bit short so others could have a go at it.  Nothing appears to be wrong with the software.

                    Ray KB0E

                    Message 9 of 15 , Jun 8, 2011

                      Yeppir, that's what I hear.  I'd rather look foolish than be really dumb and
                      sit on the log like some toad. . .just sitting'.  I'm curious as to how many
                      folks aren't having the success YOU are, despite the clearly written set
                      of instructions.  Jeez, he put them in the help thingie as well as in two
                      messages in the forum.

                      Yet. . . there we were, NR5G and myself. . . . timing our time outs. <GRIN>

                      Howard W6IDS
                      Richmond, IN EM79NV