Re: [V4Protocol] V4 Version 3

  • JGMAGS
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 8, 2011
      Hi Howard, although I was able to connect with one station, we could not complete the "qso". When I became the ISS, my message transmitted incessantly. I could not stop it, Eventually I clicked on "ABORT" and it did stop but lost connection to the other station. I believe I did follow the protocol correctly.

      73, John  KJ1J

      "Many a good argument is ruined by some fool that knows what he is talking about"
      ... Marshall McLuhan...

      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 8, 2011

        No good here - I've followed the instructions to the letter - but unable to complete a decent qso on arq - no problem at all when switching back to fec...
        Dick, W4WEB

        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 8, 2011
          One QSL confirmed contact. KB0E. The rest are partials. some my fault some other guys faults. As Ray said on his card, " things would go better  if we knew what we were doing"

          Frank WA5VCS

          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 8, 2011
            I can connect , but that is all.  No print after a connect and then timeout.  This even with a strong signal.  FEC mode copies okay.  I'm sure this software works great in the path simulators, but just not working for me.  I don't want to give up yet as I think a ARQ chat mode program would be useful.    I tried this on a Ten Tec Jupiter and a Flex 5000A.  I know there are timing issues with a Flex, but I think I have that worked out.  This is with Ver. 3.

            73 John N3WT

            From: W6IDS

              <w6ids@...>

              V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 8, 2011

              Howard,

              Zero here!

              Kirk, K6KAR

              Message 6 of 15 , Jun 8, 2011
                Howard:
                I had a complete (start to end) V4 ARQ contact with Bob, N7DHV, (Florida to Wisconsin) on 6/6/11. We were disconnected a few times for ARQ inactivity timeout which was a bit annoying but were able to reconnect right away and continue the QSO.
                Other than the inactivity timeout, it seemed to go quite well if we kept the pace up.
                73
                Ian
                W4RIR

                Message 7 of 15 , Jun 8, 2011
                  Golly and I thought it was me not understanding what I read.....Hmmmm

                  Ted, WB2LOU

                  --
                  You cannot change history, but you can make history !
                  Education is the only legal cure for stupidity.

                • W6IDS
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jun 8, 2011

                    No, no. . . . I don't thnk so because I'm having difficulty as well.  We
                    can connect fine in FEC,  but have yet to have an actual successful
                    ARQ  connect and complete communication session..

                    NR5G and I  keep getting timeouts, amongst other things. I only
                    mention HIM because I don't know if he'll respond to the initial inquiry.

                    ARQ is good for the soul and will have a positive effect on the overall
                    U.S. economy when it's perfected in V4.  I love Pactor ARQ so I am
                    assuming I will also have a high regard for  V4 as well - the FEC works
                    splendidly under noisy 40 meter conditions.

                    Howard W6IDS
                    Richmond, IN EM79NV

                    Message 9 of 15 , Jun 8, 2011

                      Howard, have had two successful contacts this afternoon lasting several minutes in ARQ and all worked very well.  Didn’t want to hog the frequency so cut them a bit short so others could have a go at it.  Nothing appears to be wrong with the software.

                      Ray KB0E

                      Message 10 of 15 , Jun 8, 2011

                        Yeppir, that's what I hear.  I'd rather look foolish than be really dumb and
                        sit on the log like some toad. . .just sitting'.  I'm curious as to how many
                        folks aren't having the success YOU are, despite the clearly written set
                        of instructions.  Jeez, he put them in the help thingie as well as in two
                        messages in the forum.

                        Yet. . . there we were, NR5G and myself. . . . timing our time outs. <GRIN>

                        Howard W6IDS
                        Richmond, IN EM79NV